I wanted to share a little project I’ve been working on that displays a nice graphic representation of your presence in the likes of ActionTiles and DakBoard. It works in conjunction with webCoRE by updating your presence to a server side database and then utilizing custom PHP to format the output that you can place into ActionTiles, DakBoard screensaver or wherever you want really.
- Display any location such as Home, Work, School, Mall, Gym etc. The number of locations is endless.
- Shows a customized image instead of an icon with a colored circle red for away, green for home.
- Customize the tile size and background to match your existing tiles.
- Show time arrived/left a specific location.
Installation and Usage
- Follow the instructions and get the code here: https://github.com/mrloofer/AT_presence
- ActionTiles/DakBoard or any frontend capable of displaying an image from a URL.
- SmartThings Classic App for iOS.
- webCoRE piston & webCoRE app on phone.
- Webserver with PHP and GD.
- MySQL database.