Curtain Rod Motor (SwitchBot Curtain 3, Zigbee alternatives)

I am looking for a way to automate my curtain rods. I found the following four products:

• SwitchBot Curtain 3 (there is also Curtain 2). BLE but can integrate with SmartThings via SwitchBot Hub.
  • Zemismart curtain motors: ZM027, ZM85EL-2Z, ZM85EL-2Z-AU. I am not exactly sure what the differences are between these three, but they are all Zigbee-based.
  • Some _TZE200_cpbo62rn product that looks like a carbon copy of the SwitchBot Curtain series. I found the Zigbee Curtain Motor on Walmart.com and on AliExpress.
  • Aqara E1 Smart Curtain motor.

Any experience with these, or other, automatic curtain rod devices? I have no idea how well they integrate directly with SmartThings, as opposed to going through their hubs (for example, the Aqara hubs for Aqara curtain drivers).

Look at this thread where I have summed up what to do for the ZM85EL-2Z.

Tuya zigbee curtain motor? - Devices & Integrations / Connected Things - SmartThings Community

All 4 products you mentioned can integrate with smartthings natively or through edge driver.

If it’s Zemismart or Switchbot, then I can help you. I had switchbot before but returned it and purchased due to cheaper cost.

1 Like

That’s a knockoff made by Tuya. Generally hard to find in the US as it probably violates SwitchBot patents, although maybe not since it’s Zigbee and SwitchBot is Bluetooth to its own hub. Just depends how the patent was written. But clearly designed to look the same. :thinking:

2 Likes

ZM027 is WiFi, not Zigbee. Still Tuya-made. (A lot of zemismart devices are re-badged tuya)

2 Likes