Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

Ugh, this is what i’m dealing with… House built in '27 with plaster walls. I’ve been thinking about doing something like this in certain places:

http://www.zackelectronics.com/dual-gang-junction-box.html

This deal is done! Thanks!

every Lowes around us does not have the GE switches for sale. $37 for the dimmer, $44 for the 3 way pair. BUMMER!

Lowes has the Iris Home Automation Comfort and Control Kit ($129 for $109) (credit to @bamarayne mentioning it first) and Iris Home Automation Safe and Secure Kit ($99 for $79) on sale only thru 12/24/15. Today is last day!!!

If you need most of these items in a kit then this is a great deal I have never seen beat.

My only caution is that the keypad may not be supportable. Someone is working on it. There is a thread on it.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_753204-41277-9404-L___?productId=999929892&pl=1&Ntt=iris

http://www.lowes.com/pd_753205-41277-9403-L___?productId=999929894&pl=1&Ntt=iris

Don’t forget to use the lowes code generator to save even more. Lowes Promo Codes

Keypad works with SmartThings. Just use the Centralite device type and SmartApp from this thread:

1 Like

Super cheap 720p IP camera with IR, though read carefully about how it requires IE(!) for configuration.

This is one of the main reasons I like the GE model better. You don’t have to add additional wires to the outlet.

Alright… well I have found a store with about 20 items for me to buy.

you may already be aware of this, but that dimmer only works with Incandescent bulbs.

That could be a deal breaker. Well Lowes (one of them) just called and only has 5 of them.

Which ge switch doesn’t need the neutral?

The one that only works with incandescents (#45639)
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=339578-1353-45639&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3707738&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Let me be more specific, a GE switch uses the screws/holes to do the wiring. The GE switches i’ve been using do not have wires coming from the devices. You simply insert the wires from your home into the switch. Very easy as far as wiring but it requires the neutral.

The switch shown above, I’ve used in the past, has the wires coming from it and you simply need a lot of room in the electrical boxes. They work just fine and the only problem I’ve seen is the LED is misconfigured by the manurfacture. In ST, you have to change the settings for LED on/off to the opposite of what you want.

I bought a couple of these 2 days ago and it does say on the package “works with incandescent and dimmable LED’s only”

Not sure if this one is different:

4 Likes

Philips Hue Tap for $9.98 off, $49.99.

iSmart Alarm stuff on sale 15%-50% off. Rumored coming ST integration.

MonoPrice has the following z-wave devices on sale and are in stock at the time of this post:

Z-Wave Plugin On/Off - NO LOGO
Product # 11995
$26.99 (reg $34.99)

Z-Wave Garage Door Sensor- NO LOGO
Product # 11987
$21.99 (reg $29.99)

Z-Wave Electronic Door Lock - NO LOGO
Product # 10798
$69.99 (reg $114.97 )

ALSO:
MonoPrice has 15% off Site-Wide with Code GIFT15 (some products excluded)

EDIT: I picked up 2 of the door locks for a net price of $59.49 each with free shipping.

2 Likes

All this talk about the Lowes GE/Iris non-stock items got me thinking… I thought I had wiped out all the Lowes in Phoenix a couple months ago. At the time, I was getting the story that items that were showing stock, but unable to find were packed up for return.

I did another on-line stock check and found some still available. I was helped by a young knowledgeable clerk who knew his department. He got the ladder and went to three overhead areas and gathered up my treasures.

As before, I spoke with the manager and showed old receipts and told him how I was emptying out non-stock items so he didn’t have to carry them into new year. Bingo… $315 of goodies for $80.

6 Likes

Amazon has lifx 1000 multicolor bulbs for $49 today which is $10 off normal price.

1 Like

Amazon Deal of the Day on Samsung SNH-1011 Wireless IP Camera. $47.99

Wireless & Ethernet, not HD.

Doesn’t seem to use Samsung cloud storage, no SD card slot. Unclear if the camera can be accessed directly.