Correct Z-Wave Lock API Command

Hi all,

I am moving from Vera to Smartthings. On Vera I have a a Siri shortcut that goes through my Airbnb booking and grabs the last 4 digits of the guest’s phone number and then programs my Yale pushbutton lock (through vera REST API) with this code.

On Smartthings, I can’t seem to figure out the correct REST command to do the same thing. Devices that are simple on/off are easy:

curl --request POST
–url https://api.smartthings.com/v1/devices/ef8bbc69-dcc7-49b8-afad-da15bc4***/commands
–header 'authorization: Bearer *****
–header ‘content-type: application/json’
–data ‘{
“commands”: [
{
“component”: “main”,
“capability”: “switch”,
“command”: “off”
}
]
}’

For a z-wave lock? Does anyone have an example for SET, GET codes??? Also, looks like scheduling code expiration is not possible in the provided DTH, is that right?

If you have access to RBoy apps check out this app which provides a comprehensive REST API for remote lock user programming and actions with a variety of options and also verifies that programming was successful.

2 Likes

Thanks, but I don’t need all that. The Smartthings api does what I need, I just need to figure out the right syntax :frowning:

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.