Continuous Door Open Reminder

(Scott Tuck) #1

Hello,

I’m hoping someone here can help out.

I’m basically trying to build a reminder to harass me if I leave the door open to the bonus room.

Here’s what I need:

If the contact sensor stays open for 3 minutes, send me a push notification, and tell me to close the door on a connected speaker. I have this part working.

Here’s where I’m stuck:

Repeat every 10 minutes until the contact sensor is closed.

So, I’m getting the reminder, I just don’t know how to make it repeat every 10 minutes until the door is closed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve searched around the forums and found a few things that are similar, but nothing that fits my exact situation.

(jkp) #2

In WebCORE, you can use the repeat loop to create a piston that will meet your request.

(Scott Tuck) #3

I figured that was probably the case.

Where do I find the option to do a repeat loop?

The only options I see under actions are: “Begin FOR loop” and “Begin WHILE loop.”

(jkp) #4

In WebCoRE, go to Options (the cog in the upper right-hand side of the screen) and enable Show Advanced Statements. The Repeat Loop Until will then show in the Add a Statement menu when you go to create a new/existing Piston.

(Scott Tuck) #5

Your post made me realize that I’m NOT using WebCoRE, and instead, I was using CoRE. Didn’t realize there was a difference.

I’ll get WebCoRE setup, and see what I can accomplish.

( Cosmo) #6

If you run into issues, post here, lots of help available!

(Robin) #7

Here you go… sends an SMS every 10 minutes giving a running timer of how long door has been open.

This can be imported directly into webCoRE so no need to start from scratch.

Need help figuring out where to start with security alert sequence (lights and multiple notifications in sequence)

Possible to do this in CoRE?

(Jason) #9

Before I moved to webcore I had a piston that went something like this:
If Front Door is open
Then wait 10 minutes, send sms
Follow up with piston

In core that follow up with piston would run it again for me.

WebCoRE is amazing…way smarter than me :slight_smile:

(Pizzinini) #11

You can also just set up custom alerts in Smart Home Monitor (SHM). This is probably the easiest solution for a simple door left open.