Connection to Honeywell Tuxedo Touch

Hi all. I have a Honeywell Tuxedo Touch that came preinstalled in my house and is used to control the alarm system. It can also act as a control center for Z Wave devices. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience integrating this into the Smartthings Hub and what sort of actions were possible via the smartthings app. I’m mostly interested in arming/disarming the alarm based on presence or actions such as locking or unlocking the front door (zwave kwikset unit).

Thanks for your help and guidance here.
J

1 Like

I have an older Honeywell touch that isn’t zwave but thought about upgrading to get zwave functionality. All I want it for is to be able to see if it’s armed/disarmed, add codes remotely and arm/disarm it remotely (using a code).

If this does work with smartthings- for safety I would not automate your alarm aside from maybe in your hello home things like good morning or goodnight. I would never unarm it automatically based on presence for multiple reasons - the big one being security - if you lose your phone and someone gains access or worse, that slim chance someone follows you home - you have no easy way of sending a silent help… So while I think it needs to be integrated and that would be amazing - we just need to be smart with the use!

Out of curiosity have you put the tuxedo in pairing mode and see if smartthings sees it?

[quote=“jorgeszabo, post:1, topic:4908, full:true”]
Hi all. I have a Honeywell Tuxedo Touch that came preinstalled in my house and is used to control the alarm system. It can also act as a control center for Z Wave devices.[/quote]

Sounds like it’s going to act as a controller vs. a “Thing.” Doesn’t mean it can’t work, but it might be a bit of a chore to do it. Might have to add it as a secondary controller and that might limit what the ST hub can do as far as sending/receiving commands from the device.

1 Like

im gonna buy a honeywell lynx 7000, if i can help with integration just tell me :smile:

Hi everyone, very interested in this integration. Any luck getting it to work?

Me too!!! Anyone?? Bueller?

I have a similar interest. I’ve got both the v2 smartthings controller and the honeywell.

There is now a working integration between the two. You’ll need to read through this thread: New App: Integration with HoneyWell TotalConnect Alarm & Monitoring System

Thanks, I’ll check it out.