Connect Smartcam HD Plus

@cweijers All I know is I looked at all Arlo cams and after a lot of two and froing I chose the Nest IQ. main reason like I said was the Smartthings integration is from the community so I know there is commitment and passion in that project and less likely to be dropped. Almost went with Alro as its officially supported but quality of the capture is only 720p and I wanted the better 4k downsampled to 1080p video… also I plan on expanding my nest elements in my home over next few months so nice to have all of that in one app. rather than smartthings and 11 other different apps for each element I add. my two cents anyway.

I can get the cameras to add but I can’t get video streaming to work inside the app. If an alert happens I have to use the samsung app to see what is happening and no longer receive a video clip of the actual event in smartthings. Very sad.

This. It’s a massive two-fingers up at people who invested in Samsung’s product to get this exact functionality with SHM. Amazing that this entire functionality will just be withdrawn. I have had it confirmed by Samsung that when forced migration does happen, these cameras will not work. So the ‘we’ll add them back to your classic account’ so you can keep using them is at best disingenuous, when they know all too well this is just a temporary fix…

I don’t know if you realize that Samsung just buying other companies like smartthings (your hub) or Hanwha Techwin (your smartcams) and trying to put it under one roof.
Since they are different companies they developed their products totally differently.
They can’t be pushed to work together because of significant incompatibilities and different consumer base.
For example, when smartcams find a security issue, they will fix it even if it means destroy smartthings link because Smartthings are connected just be 0.01% of their customer base.
Same will happen if Smartthings is not able to integrate Chamberlain MyQ because changes in API are too much, smartthings will just drop support.
Slowly but surely Samsung trying to integrate all automation companies under Smartthings umbrella.
It doesn’t seem like that but you are on the consumer technology edge with Smartthings.
There are better and much more expensive solutions and also DIY solutions and couple competitors, yet for the next 5 years, Smartthings is probably the most accessible, popular and cheap solution you can get.
So if they cut parts they don’t work or cost too much to keep them working you have not so many choices to do.
So please don’t flood community forum with your demands. Address official support line or email.
The community here can help to a certain degree but not to change a business model or get involved in business negotiations.

Hi @plantucha I do realise that Samsung bought Hanwha Techwin - I just do not accept that just because this is an acquisition of another company, this somehow absolves them of any responsibility for keeping things integrated, particularly in light as these cameras were packaged with ST starter-kit bundles as ‘official’ products.

I have 2 of the cameras, the HD pro and 6417 at a cost of circa £270 - the 6417 only being bought a few months ago and came in a box that was covered in ST logos. To suddenly withdraw support out of the blue and with no notification is very disappointing and feels like an expensive punch in the teeth to supporters of Samsung’s official products.

As previously mentioned, the UK does not have a support line like the US and I have already contacted support about this issue via email (and I’d encourage everyone affected by this to do the same).

To clarify, I am a longtime ST supporter, with over 100 devices, many of them official - I love the platform and have got many of my friends also obsessed with the ST eco-system, despite suffering like others with frequent down-times and other platform nuances, I have never complained officially, or on these forums. This issue however, is the first time I’ve felt ‘shunned’ as a customer of ST.

I have not made ‘demands’ I have asked ST customer support to consider continuing supporting these cameras for existing owners and fed back the response to other afflicted parties (for which I can only assume you are not one of them). This is a forum for ST users and a thread dedicated to one of the cameras affected by this issue, so it is very relevant that I voice my concerns here alongside others affected by this issue - 5 posts on this topic is hardly ‘flooding the forums.’

If you found yourself in a similar situation I’m sure you would feel the same…

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply. I understand what you are saying, but I would expect more from Samsung. Everything is possible, but it is a matter of cost and benefits. The cost is consumer trust in the Samsung brand, and Smartthings in particular. They clearly market the Smartcam as being compatible, and I think they should uphold this. Etc.

I completely agree. I have an indoor SartCam that works fine with ST & now have an outdoor one that will not connect. Despite understanding the reasons, I must say I’m left really disappointed in Samsung & am also wondering if I have invested in the wrong hub.

I am totally regretting my decision to buy into the Smartthings platform. Over the last few years they have been going in reverse. Especially with this new Smartthings app. Wish I could get all my money back!