Per title, I’m unclear on a couple of things about the repair feature:
- Once started, can you leave the app and do other things on your phone, or do you have to wait until it finishes before doing anything else?
- While the repair is running, do you have access to your devices, for instance, through a smart speaker like the Echo or Google Home?
- How long should one reasonably expect the repair to take?
- How often should one do the repair?
- Should you always see the “repair started” and “repair finished” messages?
Source of my questions:
I’ve tried to run the repair a bunch of times over having smartthings for the last year. Most of the time it seems like it hangs - just sits there spinning forever and eventually I get tired of waiting for it to complete and leave the app. Then when I come back there aren’t any messages I jut have to restart the repair. It would be helpful to know what to expect and what I need to do to actually get the repair to finish. Also be good to know if it really does anything. I’ve tried it when my devices aren’t responding well in the hopes that might fix the problem and it has not really made a difference. But it would make sense that you might want to do this after adding new devices to get the most efficient mesh.
Thanks in advance!