Classic app down August 2019?

Is the app down for anyone else?

I cannot use the classic app or the new app. I looked at the status and it says it is operational, but they must be having a problem. It worked just fine earlier today

Neither are working for me. I logged out and can’t log in. Amazon Echo can still control devices as do switches, but the App is not working.

I’m in the US and on Shard 1. I can use the classic app but it appears the V3 app is down with network errors.

I’m back up again

1 Like

Appears down again.

Talk about bad timing. I’m right in the middle of configuring devices and the service goes down.

https://status.smartthings.com/

Investigating - Some users in the Americas may be experiencing issues viewing or controlling their devices in the new and Classic SmartThings apps. During this time, automations may also not trigger as expected. We are currently investigating and will provide updates as they are available.
Aug 5, 20:53 EDT

Yup. Broke here too.

Just got a SmartThings email on it. Affects Connect app as well.

Alexa not working either.

EDIT: Posted at same time as @jkp.

Identified - We have identified the root of the issue and are taking steps to restore service to normal. We have also identified that users may also be experiencing issues logging into the IDE and the Classic app. We will continue to provide updates as available.

^^Update from the status site.

I do have local control with items in the SmartLighting applications using the ST smart buttons, ST switches and Cree bulbs. Which I forgot I did; but glad I did.

Got the emails soon after posting. Guess I just caught it early. My wife asked Lady A to turn off the kitchen light and she politely refused. Lol

1 Like

Still nothing here. The IDE shows “the hub responded 38035.407 seconds ago, on Tue Aug 06 01:45:03 UTC 2019” when I ping it. Both apps shows the hub as disconnected.

Anyone got some insider info to resolve this? Wasn’t sure if unplugging my ADT SmartThings panel and removing the batteries would help.

Samsung said to unplug and remove the battery from my ADT SmartThings hub. Up and running again after that and doing a zwave repair. The battery plug is the one with the black ring thing around the wires, located close to the green battery.