Change icons in new app

Thank you very much. I love your YouTube videos btw. I wish you would do one on device handlers. I am trying to teach myself how to write them by Re-writing the ones I can find for my devices to the new SmartThings specs. Most of them were written for the old standard.

I will be making a video on how to do that soon.

Can someone please share the list? I did a search on ofcDeviceType and I got this thread as one of few responses. No list, tho.

I’ll add since somewhat related – we need more icon options for Scenes!!! It’s so limiting as-is.

I extracted this out of the Developer Workspace a few months back. I make no claims for it, other than it is the list that was available for creating Device Profiles at the time.

UPDATE: This list has been referenced in various places so I thought it should have an update. This version was created on 9th October 2021. The ‘Device Type’ column appears in PascalCase in certain contexts. I chose to use the readable version …

Device Type ocfDeviceType
Air Conditioner oic.d.airconditioner
Air Purifier oic.d.airpurifier
Air Quality Detector x.com.st.d.airqualitysensor
Battery x.com.st.d.battery
Blind oic.d.blind
Blu-ray Player x.com.st.d.blurayplayer
Camera oic.d.camera
Contact Sensor x.com.st.d.sensor.contact
Cooktop x.com.st.d.cooktop
Dishwasher oic.d.dishwasher
Door Bell x.com.st.d.doorbell
Dryer oic.d.dryer
Elevator x.com.st.d.elevator
Fan oic.d.fan
Feeder x.com.st.d.feeder
Garage Door oic.d.garagedoor
Gas Valve x.com.st.d.gasvalve
Health Tracker x.com.st.d.healthtracker
Hub x.com.st.d.hub
Humidifier x.com.st.d.humidifier
IR Remote x.com.st.d.irblaster
Irrigation x.com.st.d.irrigation
Leak Sensor x.com.st.d.sensor.moisture
Light oic.d.light
Light Sensor x.com.st.d.sensor.light
Massage Chair x.com.st.d.massagechair
Motion Sensor x.com.st.d.sensor.motion
MultiFunctional Sensor x.com.st.d.sensor.multifunction
Network Audio oic.d.networkaudio
Others oic.wk.d
Oven oic.d.oven
Power Meter x.com.st.d.energymeter
Presence Sensor x.com.st.d.sensor.presence
Refrigerator oic.d.refrigerator
Remote Controller x.com.st.d.remotecontroller
Robot Cleaner oic.d.robotcleaner
Siren x.com.st.d.siren
Smart Lock oic.d.smartlock
Smart Plug oic.d.smartplug
Smart Tag x.com.st.d.tag
Smoke Detector x.com.st.d.sensor.smoke
Solar Panel x.com.st.d.solarPanel
Sound Sensor x.com.st.d.sensor.sound
Stove x.com.st.d.stove
Switch oic.d.switch
Television oic.d.tv
Thermostat oic.d.thermostat
Vent x.com.st.d.vent
Voice Assistance x.com.st.d.voiceassistance
Washer oic.d.washer
Water Heater x.com.st.d.waterheater
Water Valve oic.d.watervalve
WiFi Router oic.d.wirelessrouter
Wine Cellar x.com.st.d.winecellar
11 Likes

Thank you! I have bookmarked this page…

1 Like

One more thing. Can you point me to where you found the information. I’ve been looking around in the new documentation (https://smartthings.developer.samsung.com/docs/devices/device-profile.html) no no avail.

Thanks,
Jose

It’s not officially documented as far as I’m aware

I logged into the Developer Workspace, went to the Device Profiles, and looked to see what device types there were to choose from when editing profiles.

2 Likes

Could really use a Christmas icon and a Fireplace icon. Any suggestions?

1 Like

You may want to check out https://sharptools.io and https://actiontiles.com

It might be possible to change the icons on their interface.

2 Likes

For reference, here’s some of the Christmas icons available in SharpTools dashboards! :santa::christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Almost certainly it’s because you have the word “switch“ in the name of one of them.

Smartthings does have some cloudside logic That tries to guess facts about a device based on the name that you give it. This was initially done to influence the details that were given to the voice assistants, but it will happen whether you have a voice assistant linked or not.

1 Like

There was also a switch of the handler’s default ‘ocfDeviceType’ from ‘oid.d.light’ to ‘oic.d.switch’ in July 2019 which would/could/might make a difference if a couple of the devices were already paired back then and the other one is more recent.

2 Likes

I hadn’t paid any attention in a while, but now all of my Leviton dimmers (wall and plug-in) show with a switch icon plug-in (Den Lamp, Floor Lamp, Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Room) wall(Sink, Spotlight).
So something has changed again.

They should let you select your own icons…

2 Likes

A lot of the devices in that handler have been retrospectively fingerprinted with the ‘smartplug’ icon so they may have picked that up for whatever reason.

Being able to choose your own icons doesn’t seem like it should require a giant leap.

2 Likes

Like they used to do in the Classic app. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I installed a GE fan control switch. I selected the correct device type on installation. However the icon is a light. Also the device screen in the app shows infinitely variable dimming. The physical switch no longer works as a fan switch with a number of levels that you toggle through by tapping the switch lightly up or down. Instead you must hold the switch in to dim to a lower level. This is almost impossible to do. All other fans have been changed to the new icon and dimming device driver. All the fan switches don’t work properly any more.

refraining… you or ST picked the wrong device handler. log into ide and change the device handler, select z-wave fan controller.

Thanks Eric, I’ll try that out. It was ST that picked the controller. I both selected GE fan control and ST scanned the bar code on the device.