I just recently replaced my zwave thermostats with the Pearl Thermostats, and have been making changes to ST’s stock DTH for the way I want it to look and perform. I thought I’d share with the Community in case anyone else with these thermos would like to use it.
- This has been tested and works with the ST Classic app, as well as the new app. The new app is having issues displaying the right scale for your Location, as well as modes for some reason. I’ll work on that over time, or perhaps it’s something the new app will fix on the backend.
- This DTH (and ST’s) does not run local.
- Operating states (idle, heating, cooling) are properly reflected.
- Battery reports %
- Fan mode is a toggle (like the original)
- Modes are separate tiles, and will update the main tile when the thermo confirms the change.
- Hold mode is included
- Individual sliders for adjusting setpoints
- Main tile displays current mode and operating state, as well as setpoint adjustments
- The Configure tile properly binds the Zigbee clusters, and defines reporting for battery and operating state. It will automatically kick off a configuration when you install this DTH.
Work in progress : trying to determine how to properly capture/report power source (AC or batteries)
I’ll probably keep making a few tweaks, as well as work on making this work right with the new app. I’ll post updates to this discussion as updates are made.