Centralite 4257050-RZHAC still allows full power on to devices plugged into it even when it's switched off?

I have this device:

It was working great until a week or so ago.

However, it will no longer shut off.

Whatever I plug into it, gets full power on to devices, even though it is SHUT OFF and the blue LED is off, it should be shut off. It is not a “trickle power” but full-on power.

It doesn’t matter if I shut off the device using the button on the device or the SmartThings app on my phone. The blue LED will shut off, but whatever is plugged into it, continues to receive full power?

Is it garbage now, or is there a way to fix this?

Sounds like the relay is stuck in the closed (on) position. You could try the reset it and re-pair it to see if it helps, but it probably won’t.

You could still use it for power monitoring and as ZigBee repeater. Just not as a switch.

If the relay is stuck open, it’s likely that some of the internal safety features like overheating protection aren’t working either, so the device becomes a fire hazard. :disappointed_relieved:

I would just consider it a failed device and junk it. It can happen with any electronic item, smart or not. And in this case even warranty service is complicated by the fact that centralite went into bankruptcy, and then the name was purchased by another company.

So I think it’s just bad luck, but it can happen. :man_shrugging:t2: