ST V2 Hub doesn't communicate with ST/Centralite outlets

Hi,

For some time now, I’ve had several of the SmartThings/Iris/Centralite smart outlets (some are branded SmartThings, some are Iris). To get them connected & setup, I followed the instructions copying the code into the web interface and all the outlets are connected. For a time they were OK, generally seen with some intermittent control of power off/on. But now, control is simply awful. It “sees” the outlets, it can see the power usage. But it cannot power it on and off and, as a result, things like timers are useless. In fact, it doesn’t always even see the power state correctly. Recently, I manually powered one of the outlets on (only option since power control doesn’t work in the app) and the app “saw” the outlet as powered off - even though it was accurately showing the amount of current wattage that the device plugged into it was using (which can only happen if the outlet is actually on, otherwise it cannot have any power flowing through it).

I’m not sure what to do. These are stated to work with ST specifically (and, as I said, some are even ST branded - though all of them respond identically. The ST branded outlets aren’t any more/less reliable than the Iris branded version…sadly they are all poor). Does anyone have any suggestion for what I can do? These weren’t inexpensive and right now, are basically useless, except as a way to occasionally view wattage used. Is there updated code I should be using? Or is there another way I could/should connect these so that it actually works? Any help would be wonderful. Thanks so much!

I have several of this working just fine. Mine are iris ones using the standard device handler “smart Power outlet”. I put in screen shoots for the new app and IDE, so you can see if yours is different. I would try to delete, exclude and re add. Then check IDE and see what device handler is being used. I am sure other might have more ideas for you. If I remember correctly, pairing the devices was a little tricky, because you have to 1st do the zigbee then zwave side next for the Iris ones.

I’m having the same issue, which started some time in the last week. Centralite zigbee outlets (identical to the SmartThings outlet V1) that have worked well for years are now not responding to on/off commands - although they do report power usage and on/off status if triggered at the outlet.

If I go into the IDE, I can simply “update” the device (e.g., select device, select Edit, select Update with no changes). This apparers to get it to work for a few minutes, but eventually control will not work, only monitoring status.

I’m using the SmartPower Outlet device handler - the one it automatically selects when pairing. I tried Zigbee Switch Power as another one, but it has the same issue.

This is very frustrating, as it was working perfectly for at least 5 years!

V2 Smartthings Hub
Android app 1.7.77.22

so, i’ve experienced this several times myself with 200-300 devices. also, new devices would not pair.

the only way to completely fix it was to do a hard reset and start over (I was using a ST hub v2 200/250 and now ST hub v3 and aeotec hubs). after this happened several times I decided to break up devices into categories and have not experienced any problems in a very long time.

you can have more then just 1 hub on an account and since they removed the 200 device limit per account.

I put all the outside devices like lights and sensors on their own hub.
I put all the alarm open/close sensors and motion detectors on their own hub.
I put all the water detectors and smoke detectors on their own hub.
I put all the plugs and button/keypad controllers on their own hub.

so far I havent run into any trouble controlling things across multiple hubs. i.e. in armed mode, a tripped sensor on one hub will sound off an alarm on another hub as they are on the same account.

This way if something goes rogue ever again I can narrow the trouble down and not have to repair 300 devices.