Can't Log In...Again!

Sigh. Once again, the SmartThings app on my iPhone has forgotten how to connect.

It asks me for my user name and password, but then starts the controller setup process. But my controller is already set up.

And if I start the controller setup process, it balks and tells me it’s already set up.

Talk about a catch 22!!

The last time this happened, a few days ago, SmartThings support told me to clear the Safari cache on my iPhone. I did that, and, eventually, I was able to log back in for a few days (and re log in during that time, too).

But I really, really don’t want to have to keep wiping out all my browser passwords and account information for all the sites I use just to be able to connect to the SmartThings controller.

Has anyone else run into this problem and discovered a better/different workaround?

• Mark

Okay, for the benefit of any other poor sods out there like me…

This is a known problem that SmartThings is working on fixing. The workaround, for now, is to log in with the “I’m a New User” option, even when you’ve already configured your device.

Apparently, the new user login/signup subsystem always, and only, interacts with Samsung’s servers. The “I’m already a User” subsystem can get confused between the Samsung servers and the old, to be retired SmartThings servers.

So pretend you’re always new and you should be okay.

1 Like