Can't find hue bridge

Hi,

I was trying to add my Hue to Smartthings, and the bridges cannot see each other. My android apps see both correctly, but when Smartthings attempts to find the Hue bridge, the log fills up with

UNVERIFIED BRIDGES!: [:]

Ideas?

Hi,
Did you ever figure out how to get it connected?

Mine used to be working. But a couple of nights ago, I uninstalled my Hue from ST so that I could re-install to get a few new bulbs added into ST. Unfortunately, something seems to have gone wrong this time. (This is not the first time I’ve had to do this.)

For a day and a half, I’ve been trying everything I can think of, and everything support suggests to get the Hue Bridge to be discovered by ST, with no luck. I have added a Sonos since the last time I had to do this, but the Sonos still works correctly (even uninstalled and reinstalled it) so I can’t see that being the problem.

Has anyone else been in this situation and found a fix? Or have any suggestions?

Thanks

I kinda hate to say it but have you reset your Hue bridge?

That’s okay, I’m open to all suggestions at this point.

I tried resetting it, no change.

Time for a bigger hammer, I guess. )c:

Make sure you’ve deleted everything Hue related from your ST account. Uninstall the ST app (if you’re on Android clear cache and data first).

Disconnect your Hue bridge, reboot your modem and router, power up the Hue bridge and do a reset, reconnect to router. After getting the Hue system back up, reinstall the ST app and then try and add the Hues back to it.

If that doesn’t work, consider hiring a Medium.

ST Support pushed a new firmware to my hub, and it seemed to fix my issues.

With help from Support I finally got mine working. I’m not entirely sure what was causing the problem, but eventually I moved both my Hue Bridge and ST Hub to a switch on the network that is just the two of them and ST immediately found the Bridge.

I still haven’t figured out what that changed network wise, but I’m not gonna complain about it working! :smile: