Can't connect to Hub - Factory Reset Disaster

So something went wrong with my Samsung Wifi hub connection and to cut a long story short, I attempted a factory reset.

I’m now in a mess and I can’t connect to my hub. I’ve tried deleting apps, locations and hubs, multiple factory resets and nothing is working. I can’t get red/green flashing after a factory reset to re-add to the app.

The IDE shows only one hub

Name = SmartThings Hub
Hub ID = D052A8AF6E430001_1574061311766_DELETED
Status = INACTIVE
Location = Home

I have two Locations (in an attempt to delete the hub):
Home
My Home

I can’t delete either of them. The IDE says they have been deleted, but they never disappear.

When I try to delete the hub on the IDE I get:
Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI /hub/list
Reference Id 70c4f479-70b9-4e4e-a997-c64ad7ac7a00
Date Mon Nov 18 09:46:11 UTC 2019

After a factory reset on the hub, it’s flashing green.

In the new app, if I try to add a hub, it doesn’t detect it.
In the classic app I have the hub just showing as “offline”.

It seems I have a brick.

Any suggestions?

Tagging @Brad_ST

I would suggest contacting support.

Out of curiosity, what inspired you to try deleting hub and locations?

You can likely delete the hub/location now but you will have to re-add all of your devices.

Had a few days of the hub going offline periodically - thought I’d start again.

Hi @Brad_ST

Still can’t delete hub or location.

Error
URI
/hub/list
Reference Id
e53d4d84-142d-4521-bdf4-d647928e3a4e
Date
Tue Nov 19 10:13:27 UTC 2019

Error
URI
/location/list
Reference Id
336dd1fb-48f9-4bd4-85db-ed2e75cc9d64
Date
Tue Nov 19 10:13:54 UTC 2019

It’s very likely not just your hub but a smartthings issue that they are not coming clean with. At least not with me.
My New App has not worked for weeks. Old app works fine. Support has been aggressively staying in touch. Telling me they are working on. But nothing has changed. All devices show offline.

I’ve lost a lot of faith in the platform.

I had to create a new account with a new email address. Only then was I able to setup the hub again. I lost all my devices and my Webcore automation.

I’ve now got problems with two out of three devices I’ve added.

@Brad_ST

I have a similar issue. Did the factory reset and ended up with two hubs; new one is active and the old one is inactive.
How do I get rid of D052A8AF71E80001_1576470648064_DELETED

Can’t delete from apps or IDE. IDE throw 500 server error.

Do you have a support ticket opened? This isn’t a quick fix and will need some further investigation that support can assist with.

I gave up and created a new Smartthings account and added my hub (and all my devices) to the new account.

I am in Australia and the support is appalling. I have been flicked over to EU for support as AU support staff have no backend access. All they have been equipped with is the script to perform a factory reset. I have reached out to the UK team and after insisting and courtesy of a helpful support staff on chat, I now have a ticket #855790. Awaiting resolution as its has been escalated. Fingers crossed. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction / process.

I might have to go down the same route, if I don’t get resolution in the next day or so. It is also making me think and explore alternatives to ST as I have more than 100 devices, some on ST and others on Fibaro HC2. I have been using ST since March this year mainly to get Alexa integration for Fibaro setup.
However lack of backup on ST and issue like this requires slow and painful process to get sorted, is making me rethink, if I will have the patience to reset every device again from scratch more than once in a blue moon.