I have purchased this set of bulb + controller from IKEA a while ago (around June 2019), except that unlike in the provided link, the bulb is RBG, much like this one. I have recently acquired a SmartThings hub v3 (2018) and for the love of life I can’t connect my bulb to it, no matter how hard I tried. This is the list of things I tried (with the newest ST mobile app):
- connecting via ST built-in integration with IKEA devices - tried all 3 available integrations with no success
- every single time made sure that the bulb was ready to pair by switching it on and off 6 times quickly until it flashed
- also made sure that the controller wasn’t paired by pressing the buttons to make sure they didn’t change anything
- added a device handler from
edvaldeysteinsson/IKEA-TradfriGitHub repo and tried to discover device via “Scan nearby” - couldn’t find the bulb
- tried putting the bulb inside my table lamp for ultimate proximity, so that the bulb, phone and hub would literally touch each other - to no success
- tried adding a generic Z-wave device and searching for the bulb - couldn’t find it either
Could this be due to the fact that the bulb is RGB and handlers are meant for white bulbs or smth? I have done my fair share of googling, and the list above exhausted all suggestions I could find.
As for the hub itself, I’ve successfully paired it with my other 3 Yeelight bulbs and the integration has been working great (if you remember to refresh it from time to time). Also, I have successfully connected to google home and can control stuff via Google Assistant from my phone, although the sound bar doesn’t show up on ST for some reason. I realise this is rather arbitrary info, but I wanted to give some context that the hub indeed works for most of intended scenarios.
Does anyone have any idea what else I could try to pair the IKEA bulb with ST? I have just ordered a couple of other IKEA devices in hopes that they would pair properly with ST, and I hope to welcome my IKEA bulb to ST at some point as well