Anyone else run into this problem? I’ve got a number of virtual tiles I use for different purpose and I’d like to be able to change the icon on them. The Android App allows me to go in and change the icon, but it never really saves it. As soon as I touch the tile or exit the group and go back in it reverts to the default ‘outlet’ icon.
Same problem here. Did you even find a resolution?
Nope. I suppose you could create a new device type and copy what’s in the virtual tile code. Then change the icon in the code.
I had the same issue. unresolved
Same here. Hope it’s fixed in the next update.
Likewise. Add me to the list…
Anything on this yet?
I am having this issue, too.
Add me too!
Would love to be able select custom icon from a library or even add my own. I can change the the icon for lights but nothing for any other device.
I’ve seen screenshots on this forum of garage door icons for open close sensors. I’m not sure how those were implemented.
You need to change the device to a different type in the IDE.
- Go to: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
- Login (Duh)
- Click on the “My Devices” tab at the top
- Find your device in the list, and click on the name.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click the “EDIT” button.
- Find the ‘Type’ section and click on the drop down arrow. Find and select “SmartSense Garage Door Multi”.
- Click the “UPDATE” button at the bottom.
Now on your mobile device, log out of the mobile app, then log back in. That should do it.