I’m just getting started with SmartThings using a new V3 hub. I’ve added two GE dimmers with no issues, but I can’t seem to add a CT101 thermostat (purchased as an “Iris” device from Amazon).
I’ve read a lot of suggestions:
- Make sure the “C” wire is connected. Done. Also tried using battery-only (just in case of dirty power), and battery + HVAC power. No luck.
- Move the SmartThings hub close to the CT101. I moved the hub to various positions — getting as close to two inches away. Still no dice.
- Run Z-Wave Exclusion first. Done. When I run Z-Wave Exclusion on the SmartThings v3 hub and reset the CT101 (to get it to chirp), I see “1 device removed” pop up on the SmartThings app. This indicates the CT101 radio is working and communicating with the Z-Wave radio in the SmartThings hub.
- Factory reset the CT101. I tried long-pressing the home screen on the CT101, but all that happens is the firmware version appears (I think that’s what I’m looking at). Is there a different reset procedure to try?
- Make sure to remove the CT101 from an existing network before pairing with SmartThings. Irrelevant, since this is a new CT101 that has never been paired before.
Are there any known compatibility issues with the CT101 and the SmartThings v3 hub? Someone on here mentioned buying a new v2 hub to get things working, but it’s not clear to me why my hub’s Z-Wave radio would be malfunctioning since it can talk to my GE light dimmers with no issue.
Any ideas? I’m pulling my hair out over this, and am about to just buy a stand-alone WiFi thermostat. All I’m looking for is smartphone control over my thermostat…