Cannot delete Ring Doorbell virtual device from IDE

I’ve managed to get myself into a bit of a bind and I’d welcome any advice to help out. I’ve been trying to add my Ring Doorbell to SmartThings. I stumbled onto this thread but kept hitting the screen telling me that my Ring account did not have any compatible devices. As a Hail Mary, I decided to create a device in the IDE (call it a ‘virtual device’) with a Type listed as Ring Doorbell. I’m not sure exactly what I was thinking, maybe that I could somehow link this virtual device to my actual device later? Honestly at this point I was desperate and just trying things. No surprise, it didn’t work.

However, now I’m trying to delete this ‘virtual doorbell’ that I created, and the IDE is not letting me. Whenever I try, I get the following error:

Cannot invoke method removeChildDevice()

Googling has showed me that this usually comes up when a device is tied to a SmartApp, however I have deleted the Ring SmartApp - and honestly this shouldn’t matter because the virtual doorbell was never connected to the SmartApp in the first place.

How the heck can I force the IDE to remove this device? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Figured it out right after posting this (I guess that’s how it usually goes haha). For anyone else that runs into this, I simply changed the device type to something else and then was able to delete it from the IDE. Good luck out there!