Cannot add Samsung Smartthings Station via my Smartthings app

My new Smartthings station refuses to connect. I’m all out of ideas.

Flashes all three colors, smartthings can “see” it to add it, but when I do so, it stops after I try to connect it to my samsung account. It then says “something went wrong” with the 04-151 error code. I’ve tried forcing my wifi network to 2.4ghz only (found a support topic saying it might help) but that did not solve my issue. Samsung support has not been helpful so far.

Phone: Google Pixel 7
V2 Smartthings hub
Eero mesh wifi network.

Any iOS devices you could use to try adding it?

Tagging @Automated_House to see if he can offer any suggestions

Any luck? I have Pixel 6 pro and v2 Smarthings Hub. Just arrived new today. Keeps looking like its about to finalize pairing and then I get the same error code 04-151

This unfortunately didn’t work for me but I read if you can set your network to 2.4ghz only it might help.

So I loaded Smartthings onto my Samsung Galaxy Tablet and the device connected flawlessly within seconds and is all set up now.

So it must be some glitch with Pixel’s? Or non-samsung devices? I don’t know but its all good now but only because I used my Samsung Tablet.

Definitely a Pixel (or Android) issue. My Pixel 6 wont do it but my wifes iPhone worked fine to set it up. I used my 5ghz network as well.

I’m having the same problem with my Samsung Fold 4 and the new Smart Things Station

What seems to be the case is that with Matter etc maybe Samsung sees the writing on the wall so they aren’t willing to invest into this Hub space anymore.
I tried turning off my 6 and 5 GHz. I tried on Samsung Fold 4 and iPhone 11 and the device would not register. I’ve not had a problem with any other device on my network.
I think it’s best to just return this product if you’ve bought it. I haven’t seen Samsung respond to any threads here or on the various other sites that have reported this problem. It’s probably best to buy Google Home or Apple Homekit whichever you like and use matter supported devices from there. I wanted this to work so all the old devices I built out on the ST platform that are not on matter would port over smh.

This forum was set up a number of years ago so that customers could help other customers with the SmartThings home automation platform. It is not monitored by Samsung employees except for basic moderation of spam and harassment (other than a small section of the forum for developer support).

To get official answers and support, you can use the Samsung support community, which does have Samsung employees assigned to read and respond to customer inquiries.

Sometimes they will send you back over here if they think it’s something a power user can help with, but it’s usually worth a try.

You can also open an official support ticket via phone or email:

2 Likes

Some side information here. I had the issue with a pixel 6, worked with another person’s iPhone. The interesting thing was the iPhone was able to apply a firmware update.
After the update, my pixel was able to connect with the device.
Still a problem, but if you know someone with an iPhone and their own network, and a lot of patience you can possibly get the update and have it work at home.
(had to hit the reset button obviously, also the boot up time until you can connect with it is rather long)

1 Like

Was there ever a solution to this? I have a pixel6 as well and getting the same error.

your phone is connected to the 2.4 ghz only network that you want to connect the Station to? SSID must not be hidden. if still experiencing the issue, try changing your default browser on the phone and try it again.

So turn off wifi on my phone? Did not help. SSID is not hidden. Downloaded firefox. No luck.

I have always had the phone on the same SSID that I was adding the Station too. but lucky me has the iPhone.

when you downloaded firefox… did you set it as default browser…not even sure if that has any effect. you can always set your previous browser as the default after trying.

No, there is no solution to this. I did EVERYTHING I could find to work around this: resetting everything, switching my wireless network to 2.4G only, using an older version of the app, etc., as well as spending about two months going back and forth with Samsung support. They just kept going in circles asking for the same information I’d already sent them. I pointed them to these forum threads and all the people with the same issue. In the SmartThings logs you can see where the issue happens, too, but they clearly don’t care to try and fix it, so I finally gave up dealing with them. The only thing that works is finding someone with a different phone, using that to add the Station to your account and then it will work on your phone. Or return it and get something else that works better.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’ve mostly arrived at the same conclusion. The Smartthings station is sitting in a drawer collecting dust until I decide to borrow someone else’s phone.

Yes I disabled chrome and firefox became the primary browser. Logged in with my samsung account when prompted. Said it was trying to connect for a few seconds. then 04-151 error code

Weird. I was able to add it using my old Pixel 4a. Chrome browser.

1 Like