Cannot add any zigbee devices [SOLVED]

I’ve been working with support on this through email, but not having any luck. (Hub v2)

I’m to the point now that I’ve deleted ALL zigbee devices
When I try to add any back, the app simply continues trying to discover. I’m doing the reset procedures correctly on the various devices.
Support claims that they’re that they’re not seeing any devices being properly reset. What are they looking at? What are they talking about? I’ve added these zigbee devices before…so i know how the process works.
(Z-Wave devices and Hue work just fine)

There is no way for support to see if a zigbee device is reset. Not all zigbee devices have the same reset procedure so which brand/type of device are you trying to reset?
By reset the device and not remove the device in IDE/Smartthings app. You won’t see a new device during discovery because the device is already in IDE but it starts to work again.

Initially, I removed 1 or 2 or the non-functioning zigbee devices from the app.
After contacting support, and they mentioned not being able to see things happening, that’s when I decided to actually delete them…and finally all of them, from the IDE.

What is “remove mode” How do I “activate” this mode?

The zigbee devices I have are Samsung motion sensors, Samsung contact switches, and Iris motion sensors.
Since then, I’ve even tried activating a never used Iris contact switch and motion sensor. These new devices wouldn’t register either.

I’m at the point that ALL zigbee devices are removed from the app/IDE and none of the devices are able to re-register.

Many (most) Zigbee devices have a method to reset the association from the device itself. Many SmartThings devices, for example, specify that you hold the button down for N seconds (most sensors), or hold the button down while plugging the outlet in…and until you do this, the device will NOT connect to ANY Zigbee master (including the same one it was previously connected to).

Apparently no one is actually reading what the OP has said. He HAS reset the zigbee devices and he HAS tried fresh new devices that have never been paired before.

I don’t think not resetting the devices is the issue.

Latest from support:
“refreshed AppEngine on your Hub, which is responsible for the local processing. This should clear out any cached data from previous ZigBee connections that no are no longer there.”

The results after the refresh are still the same. Devices not discovered.

Another response from support:

“I was able to pull some additional logs and dig through them and found that your Hub data became corrupted, which was causing it to not discover devices. We went ahead and reset the Hub data on your Location and rebooted the Hub from our end and now the event reporting in your Hub looks to be much healthier.”

I tried re-adding the devices again and continued to see the same failure.
On my own, I unplugged the hub and removed the batteries and waited about 15 minutes.
Once the hub was back online, I hit the button in the app to add a new device and nearly instantly, all the devices that I had tried to add 15 minutes prior showed up on the screen.

1 Like

I’m thinking, I’ll have to do the same. I’ve reset my hub but it won’t discover any zigbee devices. So far I’ve tried an IKEA motion sensor, a smartthings plug and some Osram bulbs. I’ve turned my hub on and off a couple of times but that doesn’t seem to have worked either. I’ll get in touch with support again.

In the ST app, locate and open your hub. If Secure Mode is enabled then disable it. Reset your zigbee devices and see if you are able to add them.

1 Like

Not had any luck. I’ve tried all the things that you’ve mentioned. Support said to reboot the hub for 20 minutes. They’ve asked for a time stamp. Might try again today. Was thinking now, it might’ve been better that I contacted support to delete some Phillips Hue devices that were duplicate from the old and new app, however I also wanted to reset my Hub with all the old device handlers and such. Thinking of even purchasing a V3 hub to see if I can pair things and start over that way?

Have you made any changes lately? Added any zigbee devices before the issue started; added new network hardware; moved hub to new location? Are those hue devices connected to a hue bridge or directly to the ST hub?

What has happened is that I wanted to just start a new install on my hub as things had gotten a bit messy as I’d had my set up for a number of years. The Phillips Hue was probably the most annoying of the problems that I was facing as it had added devices twice, once with the old Smartthings app, then again with the new app. I thought the best way to solve it would to be a fresh new install. Since reinstalling the hub, none of the ZigBee devices formerly connected to it will add.

so are you certain that you are resetting the zigbee devices properly? provide a list of the devices with brand/model number for those you can not connect and perhaps someone who has those devices can provide more info

1 Like

Having another go this weekend… I’ve tried a number of different devices and if they can be added to Phillips Hue, I’ve added them to that instead. So far I’ve tried, some Osram bulbs, an Ikea dimmer, motion sensor, a Smartthings plug and motion sensor. No luck with any of them. Having another go turning the hub on and off.

The instructions here worked for me for this same issue. Was even having some zwave devices randomly show as offline: