Can’t remove Harmony Connect

I can’t remove harmony connect app from smart things. Tried in ide and SmartThings apps (iPhone and iPad).

Ideas??

Have all the hubs/activities associated with it been deleted or deselected in the harmony connect app?

1 Like

I tried again no go., removed action and the devices.
IDE shows a selected activity, so I think there is a ghost activity keeping the ap from being removed…

I believe you have to remove the connection in the harmony app first.

Ok got SmartThings to remove the harmony connect, now it is missing from the App Store…

Just readd it in harmony app first

Got it added (added from harmony app) but SmartThings isn’t finding any hubs…

1 Like

Nice! We’re close to being back online! How long are you letting it search?

The Harmony app is generally a disaster. I moved once and removed my harmony hubs from ST as part of the process in order to start over. When I reconnected Harmony could not find any of my hubs and ST support really did not lend assistance. I tried removing the app from ST, removing hubs from the harmony app, adding the app back to ST, adding hubs back through the harmony app and nothing!!!

Finally this is what worked, **I created a new harmony account using a completely newly created gmail account just for the harmony to make it seem as if these were completely new harmony hubs that had never connected with ST. THIS WORKED!! NB! ALL HUBS WERE SUBSEQUENTLY ADDED, BUT THE ST HARMONY APP WILL NOT DETECT ANY NEW HUBS ADDED THIS WAY.

ive let it seach for ever, here is what is in my logs.

b0db1ce1-5710-4daa-b6c2-98aa16a6282b  9:36:38 AM: trace Harmony - Device 7391331 is no longer available
b0db1ce1-5710-4daa-b6c2-98aa16a6282b  9:36:38 AM: trace Harmony - Device 11699465 is no longer available
b0db1ce1-5710-4daa-b6c2-98aa16a6282b  9:36:38 AM: trace Harmony - Device 11706480 is no longer available
b0db1ce1-5710-4daa-b6c2-98aa16a6282b  9:36:38 AM: trace [11706480:[message:HBus timeout, status:504, name:Master Bedroom Harmony], 11699465:[message:HBus timeout, status:504, name:Living Room Harmony Elite], 7391331:[message:HBus timeout, status:504, name:Game Room Harmony]]
b0db1ce1-5710-4daa-b6c2-98aa16a6282b  9:36:38 AM: trace Harmony - Discovery Command Sent
b0db1ce1-5710-4daa-b6c2-98aa16a6282b  9:36:38 AM: trace Harmony - Discovering devices...

See above. Create a bogus gmail account as a new Harmony login and re-add everything and start from scratch. This is the only way ST will play nice with Harmony. :frowning:

I did the same steps as you a few days ago and it was working properly then. Take a look at the ST connection in the Harmony App again. Some people have multiple ST locations. If the harmony is paired with a different location than is active in the ST app while “discovering” that could be an issue?

I only have one location. I’m starting to think this is a Logitech problem as a can’t reliably (if at all) connect to my hubs with the harmony app thru the cloud.

Well it’s def a problem!

I noticed my harmony connect doesn’t discover my hub and activities if I’m not on my wifi. Which is weird because I can add devices and such on the ST app when I’m not home.

Logitech fixed the cloud problem earlier this morning and my hubs are now discoverable.

1 Like