Can Samsung Multipurpose sensor detect knock ONLY when closed?

Playing with my new multipurpose sensors. Just mounted one to the front door. It cleanly identifies when the door is open/closed now (and temperature). I’d like to set up something with the accelerometer to tell me when it vibrates, but I would ONLY want such a report if the door didn’t just get slammed shut. So I think I want to be reported about vibrations only with the sensor is closed? Can that be done? Still learning the capabilities of this ST system

(Ray) #2

I have 4 multi sensors at 4 doors and the only time I get vibration is when knocking. Open/close doesn’t activate my vibration sensor.

When my front door is closed/shut the vibration triggers the accelerometer… No one else?

The standard SmartThings features don’t have a “while” condition, but the community developed smartapp core does. I expect it would be pretty easy to do with that.

Here’s the peer assistance thread for core, just ask there.

(Pizzinini) #5

There is an app on the Smarthings Marketplace in the “More” category called “Door Knocker”. I use this to detect vibration for a closed door sensor.

Thank you for your reply. I have found that app to be very close to what I want. I want to look at the code and see if I can make it only work when the door is closed and forget about the delay.