Can I set the location different from my home address?

(Mike Kelley) #1

Am I right in assuming the only way to move my hub location is to type a different address in? I go to the place on the map where the pin is (iOS) and the only thing I can do is expand the location.

What I’d like to do is to move the home location about 1/2 mile closer to the main highway, at the entrance to our development, but I don’t see a way to move it. So I’m guessing to do this I need to find an address close to the middle of the development (that I can then expand the circle so it is large but not so large it hits the highway).

I can’t expand it any further from my home because there is a highway behind us that I travel on at times and that would trip certain events I don’t want tripped.

(Yipes I did some searching on this and find that if I start over I’ll delete all my devices and such. This is BAD – I cannot do that. But there should be SOME way to adjust the hub short of just expanding it).

You’re supposed to be able to just change the location and not have to change anything else. Not remove devices or change smart apps.

You Used to be able to do this through the mobile app. The current version of the mobile app no longer supports voice navigation, so I can’t confirm this one way or the other.

But I would just contact support@smartthings.com because you’re definitely supposed to be able to just move the pin.

Which version of the mobile app are you using?

@slagle

(Tim Slagle) #3

Just tested myself and you can move your location at will. Through the mobile app location settings. If you can’t get to to work support will be able to help you.

(Mike Kelley) #4

Yeah, I was having issues with the app but finally got it working (I think it may have had something to do with the server problems and/or changeover that was occurring).

But, thanks!