Button editing stopped working after latest iOS update

Yup, exactly right! Button actions register, but only actually work if a different type of press was done first. Even if the different press was hours ago.

Same prob for me 2 x brand new Samsung Buttons. Was working last night week, now intermittent. Was created with new ST app, but I am close to tearing down and switching back to classic ST app due to many showstopper (auto log off app on iPhone, location awareness not working, ongoing errors when saving scenes or automations with >3 items, automation engine requires substantially more rules versus routines) problems.

1 Like

There are three separate issues.

1. ST buttons not registering events - This should be addressed as of a couple hours ago.

2. Ikea 5-button remote not registering events - This device will pair but isn’t certified to work with ST. It does seem that there is lost functionality however.

3. Button plugin actions missing - This is an issue with the device plugin for iOS. There is a fix, independent of an app update, but it hasn’t been released yet.

3 Likes

I can confirm that when I got home my buttons were working again but as you mentioned still can’t edit the buttons but that’s minimal right now as long as they operate the lights.

1 Like

I can also confirm that the Ikea 5 buttons are working and registering events (so not sure about that second issue @Brad_ST). Still no show on the edit function.

P.S. the edit functionality does not work even in the classic app.

Yes ST buttons are working properly again now! Thanks!

@Brad_ST is the status.SmartThings.com site no longer being used for alerts and tracking of Loss of functionality like this?

3 Likes

That’s very valid feedback and I passed it to the team who manages the status page. Thank you!

2 Likes

Yes working for me as well. Albeit a little timely.

What would be the ETA on the edit controls for buttons?

1 Like

Yeah I’m losing my mind with this whole button editing not working thing. Would love to know what the eta is. Thx brad!

1 Like

I don’t have an eta but if I hear of one, I will pass it along.

I’ve the 5 button IKEA TRÅDFRI remote. Same issues as above. My work around for this is to use smartapp “smart lighting”. Set this up in the classic app. You can control non-lights too, and combine with scenes to turn some things on and others off at the same time. “Button controller” app also works.

1 Like

It seems to be not the first time that the status page goes silent for notifications. I’ve had a support email discussion about 1.5 years ago, where I complained that no emails were received about status changes when I have signed up for it years ago. It took 2 weeks or so to make it work again. How this functionality can fail time to time without noticing?
And of course, an incident has been posted after your message here and no emails have been sent.

Today I got an update from SmartThings Support:

I bumped your ticket up to our dev team to have a look and there does appear to have a been a cloud-side change for Button configuration on iOS. Our engineers have identified the issue and will be working on a fix to resolve this. An update will be pushed when available, however, there isn’t an ETA to provide at this stage. Do stay tuned and hopefully, you will back up and running very soon!

I read your post previously and can’t believe I didn’t try it sooner! I’ve literally been checking the App Store daily for updates to the app :see_no_evil:

Thanks!!