Button Double Click for Inovelli Dimmer

Does anyone know how to tell if the Inovelli dimmer was double clicked utilizing the new API/subscription smartapp model?

Using groovy, subscribing to the “button” capability used to return ‘buttonNumber’ in the json payload, but that is no longer the case when my smartapp subscribes to the inovelli button capability anymore. I still get capability button and value = “pushed” but no ‘buttonNumber’. Any ideas?

Regards,
Jose

You should be looking for button to have a value of pushed_2x, up_2x or down_2x depending on how it’s implemented in the driver. If there are multiple buttons then you should be able to differentiate by component.

https://developer-preview.smartthings.com/capabilities/button

@philh30 Thanks for your reply. That’s the problem I am seeing. I only see value = ‘held’ and value =
‘pushed’ and nothing else. The value ‘held’ is for button down and ‘pushed’ is for button up. I used to see a buttonNumber as part of the payload with groovy that would get populated as “2”, “3” etc… but that is missing now. Perhaps I won’t be able to see the right payload until the edge drivers are in place? Or maybe I am not subscribing to the right thing?

Regards,
Jose

I don’t think buttonNumber is available in the new framework. Some DTHs we’re updated to use the updated button capability, but moving to Edge is probably the easiest solution now. Inovelli has drivers, plus there are some devices in the ST beta drivers.

What version of Inovelli switch do you have? I have older model gen 1, and i am using driver by Mariano that has up to 6x clicks on both buttons

I have the LZW31-SN using the 2021-04-05 DHT from Inovelli. I looked at the code and, indeed supportedButtonValues were only being set to “pushed” and “held”. Since they are moving to Edge soon, I did not bother to look for a newer DHT. But… I was able to add the pushed_2x value functionality fairly easily.

Regards,
Jose