BMW Connected/SmartThings iOS?

I just found out from a post in this thread that BMW Connected app and SmartThings have official integration on Android. I read a few press releases from the beginning of 2016 about iOS integration coming later, what’s the status of this? My primary phone is Android, but I have an older iPhone 5S that I leave hooked up to my car for streaming music, would love to be able to access ST from BMW Connected app on this iPhone.

Anyone else have any updates on this? Also looking for iOS integration…

1 Like

For what it’s worth, BMW completely reworked their app recently and I don’t see the ST integration in the new version on my Android phone.

I was getting some crashes when using my Android 7.0 devices so the app just had to go… there’s really not that much integration there if you’re already using stuff like SharpTools / CoRE though.

2 Likes

The new Connected app for Android doesn’t have much capability. I’m really surprised at their lack of music support. iOS is OK, although probably 20% of the time it doesn’t connect right and uses the phone like a USB device instead of through the integrated app. Overall I’m not impressed with the idrive system, it’s very clunky and fragmented.

IOS app with bmw is likely to be on the roadmap longer than my bmw on the road. I think it’s a total write-off (the app that is)

1 Like

Well, as a newbie to the forum I reignited the Ring doorbell discussion and within 2 weeks it was released, so hopefully I’ll be lucky twice!!!

Any chance of an update from ST staff…pretty please?

2 Likes