This release is now live. Thanks to all who helped test!
To install the latest version, see the main thread here.
A new release of MyQ Lite is ready for testing. This involves significant code rework and cleanup on the back-end and sets up the app for easier transition to MyQ API v5 at some point in the future.
Notable changes in this version (screenshots below):
- Improved SmartApp screens and setup flow
- Optional push notifications when version updates are available
- Optional push notifications when door open/close commands fail
- Removes cap on number of doors. Behind the scenes, this also means sensor variables are fully
dynamic instead of hard-coded.
- Acceleration sensor functionality has been removed. In the end, I decided the benefits of more door movement information provided by this were not worth the complexity in the code. It’s possible I may eventually get a sensor and work it back in if demand for it is strong enough.
Because of the unusually high amount of code changes here, I am hoping to get at least some feedback from some people willing to put it into their environment and verify all works well before I push it out on GitHub.
Important - After installing the newest SmartApp and Device Handler code, please open the SmartApp in the SmartThings Classic mobile app, tap on “modify devices”, and step through the device selection steps. The new version of the app should be smart enough to pick up your existing devices without affecting them. If that is not the case, let me know.