[BETA] Edge Drivers for Homeseer Devices

EDIT – As the vendor supplied Channel is now publicly available, my strong recommendation would be to use their channel if at all possible to achieve the best compatibility for supported devices.

#################################################################################

@ryanjmulder took me a few moments longer today to get back to this, but I have pushed my latest code base to my GitHub - jshessen/SmartThingsEdgeDrivers. Additionally, I was able to get my separate branches setup so that I can maintain local development for the drivers as well as publish to a new channel.

I feel pretty confident that the basic relay (on/off) as well as button functionality is working as expected. I know that there is additional work on the dimmers required, but I believe that just about every possible zwave parameter is accounted for (minus the set status led functionality).

As I mentioned above, I have not circled back around to the fc200 functionality.

Channel Invite:

HomeSeer Group = https://bestow-regional.api.smartthings.com/invite/Kr2z1gQn3ZMA

PS – I did incorporate the WX300, and the ZLink fingerprints as well.

3 Likes

@jshessen Great! I’ll try it out tonight.

1 Like

I have an HSFLS100+ Flood Light Motion Sensor, two HS-FS100-L Light Sensors, and my favorite, the HS-FC200+ Fan Control with programable LEDs… which I use as a one look home security status monitor. It’s the only automation device that got the OK from the wife! Please, please, please get these working! You got this! You can do it! I’m counting on you! lol… but seriously!

1 Like

As mentioned earlier, I would also love to see an edge driver developed for the FLS100+ Motion Sensor.

2 Likes

Thanks for creating this driver, Ryan and @jshessen – (i submitted that PR to Ryan the other day)

I switched to Jeff’s channel and applied the driver to a dimmer and 2 switches tonight, working great.

I also set up smart lighting to trigger my Garage on Condition: Button: Double Press of one of them, which also works great.

1 Like

Just a quick note, worked with GitHub to shift my repo to the top of the network (above @ryanjmulder initial repo). I see there are a few forks out there, I would strongly encourage you to fork the top level repo to keep more closely aligned if you are able to further contribute.

1 Like

Thank you both, @ryanjmulder and @jshessen, for your fantastic work on these drivers.

I see that the new fork now supports configuring the LEDs in my HS-WD200+ dimmers. Is there any chance that these LED settings can be exposed in such a way that they can be controlled by automations?

3 Likes

Would/could the LEDs be configured in the driver as child devices? Or, @TAustin has developed drivers that create additional drivers. I admit I don’t understand what goes into this, but if that could be incorporated somehow to create the LEDs as RGB devices, it would be awesome. I really need the ability to automate the LEDs on my FC200+. Thanks to all you guys picking up the slack!

2 Likes

@Spire interestingly enough that was a similar ask from @ryanjmulder as well … Conceptually, it can be done, it may take just a bit to get down that path … I suspect that it would require some sort of multi-channel build out to emulate child “switches” … in any case, it is something I want to get to once I’ve covered through getting the firmware nuances and basic fan control turned on.

1 Like

The Zooz Edge Driver exposes LED Color, LED Brightness, and LED Mode as things that can be acted upon from a routine, and they don’t seem to be child switches. I’m not sure how they did it, but it seems that there must be a way.

1 Like

@ryanjmulder I expose the ability to manipulate those parameters for the HomeSeer set in similar manner.

The Community drivers have three files that work together:

1. init.lua (top level code)
  2. configurations.lua
    – this table set is used when the “doConfigure” lifecycle event is fired
    – the values are focused on the parameter #, byte size, and ‘default’ value
  3. preferences.lua
    – this table set is used to update a device when “infoChanged” lifecycle event is fired
    – similar to configurations, but omits the ‘default’ value

I have opened an issue in my repo to track … but short answer is that the new methodology is to move away from child devices (unless necessary) and to use a multi-component concept … my intent is to model each of the LEDs as unique components (Switch) that can be exposed to “on/off” functions

I started a new thread for these drivers and tagged them so they will show up on the quick browse lists in the community-created wiki and more people will see them. :sunglasses:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Quick_Browse_Lists_for_Edge_Drivers

1 Like

Development actually went somewhat the other way. Initially, edge drivers could only be multi component, no parent/child structure, but then it turned out that you couldn’t individually address the sub components with voice assistants, and you couldn’t change their names in the app and that just wasn’t working. So they went back and added parent/child constructs into the edge architecture to address those two issues. If you look at the stock edge drivers, you’ll see that several of them have now been updated to allow for voice assistant control of the children. This was particularly important for power strips and multi gang light switches, where the sub components are in someways more significant to the end-user than the master component is.

1 Like

@JDRoberts yes, I have experienced this first-hand with Aeon Smart Strip … and I had to wrap the component with a Virtual Switch to allow them to be controlled by my voice assistant. I suspected that path was at best the initial path (speed), but that the longer road was to look at the Child pattern

1 Like

@Rodd62 and I are testing my driver for the FLS100+, both the original and the 2020 G2 variant. Should be available soon.

5 Likes

That’s great news! Thanks for all your work.

@csstup

Just as an FYI, I have stubbed out the FLS in this repo, (just pushed to main), but it has no functional handlers as of yet.

This is similar to the Fan Controller mockup I dropped in place as well.

If you’d like to take it on, fine by me! I only bought the FLSG2 to write the driver. I don’t have it installed anywhere.

1 Like

Hey Jeff. Thanks for all of this. You (and Ryan) rescued me with this driver. Full functionality, multi-tap, etc with ZWP/Zlink dimmers. Oddly, last night, something changed last night that made them non-responsive. I tried excluding them, then re-adding, but they only work when I use the generic driver now. Appreciate everything you and Ryan started here. I’m hoping it’s something that can be resolved.

1 Like

I’m out of pocket today, but I’ll get a fast push out tomorrow to restore functionally.

1 Like