Bali Autoview 2-button remote

Has anyone been able to integrate the 2-button remote that comes with the Bali Autoview blinds? I was able to get it paired with Smartthings, but they don’t seem to function well with any of the default device controllers. Has anyone been able to get these to work? I’d love to be able to use them as a remote switch.

1 Like

I think these are the same as graber’s virtual cord z-wave line. The z-wave remote should work if it’s paired to ST, it can be used like any other button controller or associated with your blinds as a secondary controller. Neal at @ZebraBlinds knows the most about these devices, and he has how-to videos for the graber shades you can probably follow.

1 Like

Thanks, I started scouring those posts and found my answer here: https://github.com/ericvitale/ST-Z-Wave-Somfy-Remote

2 Likes

The DH you linked by @whoismoses lets you reuse the remotes to control other things. I use one of mine as a garage door opener. If you have questions feel free to ask, I am travelling currently so might be a bit delayed in replying.

1 Like

Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for. I’m re-purposing a few of mine for other uses around the house.

1 Like

So you got it working with that custom device handler?

@ZebraBlinds I’ve attempted to use @whoismoses Somfy device handler but can’t seem to get it to function with any of the button or lighting apps. I’m probably missing something obvious but I keep getting java.lang.NullPointerException @ line 137 and line 142 which I can’t find a way around. Any tips?

1 Like

I won’t be able to take a look at this for a few day. If you know how to, comment out lines 137, 138, 141, and 142 for now.

To comment them out just put // in front.

def updateButtonOneLastActivity(lastActivity) {
	//def finalString = lastActivity?.format('MM/d/yyyy hh:mm a',location.timeZone)    
	//sendEvent(name: "buttonOneLastActivity", value: finalString, source: "DEVICE")
}

def updateButtonTwoLastActivity(lastActivity) {
	//def finalString = lastActivity?.format('MM/d/yyyy hh:mm a',location.timeZone)    
	//sendEvent(name: "buttonTwoLastActivity", value: finalString, source: "DEVICE")
}

That did the trick! Thank you

1 Like

Hi,
I have new Autoview motorized shades and easily added them to Smartthings hub.
Now, I can’t seem to add the remotes to the network, as you must in order to use them to control the shades if you don’t want to use the phone app (have elderly relatives coming to house sit and phone app would not work for them).
I’ve tried multiple times to exclude and then add these. Already watched @zebrablinds helpful video but it’s just not working. I received 3 button remotes, are they programmed differently? The owners manual http://shared.springswindowfashions.com/SwfShared/pdf/installation/Autoview_Owner_Manual.pdf
Would seem to say they are programmed in the same way?
Any ideas?
Thank you! KLDahms

They should pair up the same way without any issues. Can you list exactly what you have been doing?

I can’t get my two button remote to connect back to my blinds after pairing them to ST. Can you help? @ZebraBlinds

Just saw this. Check the second half of the video under the Adding the shades to SmartThings section on this post: 2018 - Current: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades

Anyone still using this? I can’t seem to get it to work in either ST Classic or the new ST Mobile App. ST will recognize the remote and I have changed the DH, but I can’t set actions the buttons or even have ST recognize when a button is pressed.