Automations no longer display in app

My automations are not showing up in the SmartThings App. I can create new ones and they show up but none of my existing automations are listed even though they are working - lights turn on and off as expected and logs show the automations firing. I can’t say when they disappeared as I don’t reference the app when things just work. The app UI is noticeably different since I last accessed it so there has been at least one update since I was able to view them. Help me please! Hub is v2 if that matters.

There are two versions of the app. Do you know which one you are using?

FAQ: how to tell which version of the SmartThings mobile app that you have

I have both apps installed, but generally refer to the new one. Wait… I see my automations in the classic app. Am I just confused as to which one I’ve been using for automations? A facepalm moment perhaps?

Yup, that’s it. Feeling really stupid. My automations appear under SmartApps - Smart Lighting, within the new app. So how does that differ from ‘Automations’?

1 Like

Just a quirk of the platform. There’s no real reason from a user’s point of view why they should be in a separate section, but they are. :sunglasses: