Automation Issues with Lutron Caseta Switches

I have two automations setup to activate a scene in certain rooms each morning. There have been some mornings that a particular Lutron Caseta Dimmer switch turned on, but was not set to the specified dimmer level that the scene should have set.

For example, a switch that is set to turn on at 100% was set a dimmed level this morning, the opposite occurred in another room several days ago, in that scenario it is a room that I manually turn on and off the switch periodically when entering that room outside of the automation times. It is like the automation isn’t running the scene settings? I can look at the history and see where the lights turned on and the scene said it was activated, however, the light certainly wasn’t set to what I specified in the scene? Any input with why these inconsistent settings would occur?

That’s an officially supported device and scenes are one of the official features, so I would contact support and see what they say. :sunglasses:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us

I did contact Samsung Support, basically they said the app is new and still some bugs being worked out, suggested I rebuild the scene and automation and if the issue continues to contact them. Using the Lutron Dimmer switches independently should not have any effect not the automations.

1 Like

Has anyone had this issue I initially posted? I am still having this issue and support really didn’t have any answer as to why I am seeing the inconsistent settings on my automations.

You may want to try powering off your lutron bridge for a few seconds and then powering it back on :slight_smile: may help or may not

Hi JKP,

Thanks for your suggestion —- I’ll try anything. It’s been a strange thing since I’ve setup my SmartThings.

I powered off/on my Lutron bridge and the SM hub, it had no effect on the inconsistency. On two different mornings last week, a morning automation set to activate a scene at 7:00 am, did not set two different light switches to 100% (as the scene is set), they were on, but at reduced brightness.

Why on two different days would this occur when the scene is set to run daily and everything should turn on just the same, doesn’t make any sense?