APP Android version 1.7.85.25 issues

This is rather begging the question though. You are taking the existence of performance issues as a given. Maybe what you and many other users see as performance issues is actually the app running pretty much as intended. Maybe the ‘many’ is also a fraction of a percentage of the app users.

My own opinion is that it is pointless having the app doing something that it doesn’t need to do itself, and that it basically sucks at doing if it does. I look at my.smartthings.com and wonder ‘why?’ rather a lot.

That seems a reasonable set of things to want to do and I have broadly similar requirements. However the app isn’t suitable for those purposes so I don’t use it for them. Similarly app Routines aren’t suitable for my requirements so I use something that is.

I don’t regard the app as broken just because it doesn’t meet my needs and I rather get the impression ST don’t either. If I am correct then I understand their position. However I think if they look around they will see lots of bemused users standing on higher ground.

From day 1 of loosing the original app i said there should be 2 versions of Smartthings

Basic
Comes pre installed on all Samsung capable products and available on all other platforms, it is a basic version but capable of all usual home automation needs

Professional
Advanced features, unlimited devices, rooms, multi configurable with the inclusion of a Beta section for FAST rollout of development enhancements and a feedback section that works and engages with ST developers, communication is very important currently there is nothing

By having a basic version, support and users will always have a product that stays easy to understand without changes, it stabalises the ST app and conforms to the OneUI ethos

A Pro version serves the evolving industry without disturbing the stable standard version, if a feature becomes popular, useful and simple, incorporate it into the basic version

ST at present is trying to be too much to too many people …and failing, split it and let ST devs , and pro users have some fun

Interviews, questionnaires and a feedback section on the forum have all prooved to be pointless in one way or another over the years, engage with users, have a team dedicated to the forum like @nayelyz , who is doing a miracle job, communication works, the other stuff just serves a corporate structure with corporate results, slow to rollout and ill concieved

2 Likes

@nayelyz @Mariano_Colmenarejo
Mariano is right on the remotes/buttons issue. Actually it’s all over the place.
There are devices that are not displaying button fast actions any more, just status

some are displaying fast actions

and some are mix of both (previously they were all same). On this device first button show all fast actions, and rest of buttons show only one action.

I could look for screenshots from couple months ago, that I was sending to you @nayelyz, that show all buttons, consistent, same way with all fast actions.

Oooo, thats ugly !

Samsung S5e Tablet running Android 11 has this option

Even though it is off, I get touch sounds in the SmartThings app.

2 Likes

Google Pixel 4a(5g) phone running Android 12 has this option

Even though it is off I get the touch sounds in the SmartThings app.

Sure seems like QA testing on this change was botched.

2 Likes

@Mariano_Colmenarejo, @milandjurovic71.
We’re checking these inconsistencies along with the engineering team, as soon as we get more info, we’ll share it with you.
Just to confirm, if you defined automation in those “fast actions”, are they still executing even though they don’t appear in the app?

I’ll report this to the team. Also, once I get more info, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Yes, automation still working and appears un automations section

1 Like

Agree with DaWeave - the sounds are obnoxious and annoying. Tap Sounds is already off on my Android phone, and there is no menu option within the app to turn off these ridiculous sounds.

1 Like

Same as HalD and DaWeave - I can not disable the silly, and obnoxious tap sounds within the app. Automations when completed have a silly annoying sound, taps within the app also a different obnoxious sound.

1 Like

Correct, actions are executing, just Details page looks ugly inconsistent.

1 Like

@nayelyz,

Please, could you add this problem explained in this thread, related to the entry of decimal values in a language other than English?

Yes, @Roddy_Duus already mentioned this to me and I already contacted the corresponding team to see how to proceed because he cannot create a ticket to support either, and when we report the issue from the app, its logs are sent automatically…

1 Like

An option to disable the annoying click sounds on device operation should be made available as soon as possible. The whole point of a home automation system is that it should proceed quietly and without attracting attention to itself.

Samsung: please stop adding “features” that no-one asked for, and concentrate instead on the the long list of missing or incomplete functions that have been requested repeatedly, in this forum and elsewhere.

5 Likes

Hi @nayelyz

I don’t know if it’s related to the last update of the android app, but it didn’t happen before:

In all the devices that use the multiple mosaic, only when some capability is deactivated from the multiple mosaic button, which is not in the “main” group, the button remains spinning.

If you go into the details view, it’s not spinning.
If you go back to the mosaic, keep going around.
If you activate the main button and turn it off, it stops spinning.

watch the video

UPDATE:
It seems that problem is not the latest version of the Android app. I have tried with a phone that has the previous version and it does the same

Can you replicate this continuously? For example, I’ve seen similar behavior in devices that I haven’t used in a long time, after I enter the detail view and go back, it doesn’t happen again.

Yes, it always happens.
Only when you change the state in the multiple tiles and only the action buttons of groups that are not the "main.
The main always goes well.
The status is updated fine on all.

The detail view works fine.

I don’t know if it will also happen to other users with multiol mosaics

I think this is what you have in mind. Those momentary action buttons will not stop spinning once I’ve pressed them. I have to close the app down to stop them.

Just for clarity, the main component has the securitySystem and alarm capabilities. There are then three other components with the momentary and button capabilities, with the dashboard status and action being the momentary. All it does is emit the button pushed event.

2 Likes

@nayelyz,

In any case, I see that the app updates and changes things within the same version.
For example, today has started to write the time in the history of each device in a.m. and p.m. format, but in the general history it keeps writing the same events in 24h format.

The action button of a custom capability that you can see in yesterday’s video posted, is the same as that of the stock Switch capability buttton, today it has started to look different and always is blue, when the status is On and Off. I do not changed any thing in the driver, is the same to yesterday

yesterday video capture

1 Like