Anyone having issues with routines not running?

What I don’t understand is why everything is considered “operational” on status.smartthings.com.

A hotfix was deployed at 12:54 pm Central - routines should be operational again. Thanks for calling this out.

4 Likes

Because status.SmartThings.com is not operational.

1 Like

I am working again. For anyone that didn’t get a resolution email, here it is:

Some users in North America experienced issues with Routines not executing correctly from 7PM PDT on June 24, 2015 through 11AM PDT today following an update. We have reverted the changes and systems seem to be working properly. If you are experiencing continued issues, please contact Support.

Not sure about everyone else, but my home is my production environment and it would be nice if it stopped being treated as a test…

It was a funny glitch this morning, Alexa was telling me she was doing smart-things…but she wasn’t actually doing them! Everything is working fine now.

1 Like

Great response time. You guys are rocking!

1 Like

sharing what I sent to Smarthings suppport…having all the same issues the group hass described. Going on one month now.

Smartthings team:

I am having extreme issues with your Hub performing as expected. It is not turning my lights on regarding my preset times consistently with regard (routines and smart apps) presets, example turn porch lights and garage lights on at same time 4:30pm +30. It only turns on porch light, not garage lights. It is not that their isn’t any power, because I can manually turn on all my lights from the IOS app . which I have had to do this several times, over the course of my short ownership. I want to tell you. I hate the lack of feedback from your code routines. I don’t see your Hub going Light by Light giving commands to turn on, IOT devices (oh to be sure) I have looked at (notifications and activity feeds but this feed back is basically usesless) these feeds should be puit in a report to show what is responding and working and what is NOT to end users this should be transparent and part of the reporting and feedback to see if we have an errant IOT device faulty bulb or switch. I want to see that every time your Hub issues a command to an IOT object I want to see feedback from the IOT objects I.e command as open text commands readable and understanble, maccepted and verified. I want the Hub to run two sets( of routines one to give the commands and one to double check that the commands where accepted and the IOT device is responding as expected. I want heart beat status indcators that your Hub is alive and ticking to all of my IOT (Like Dead Peer Detection). The issue with your bloody Hub is that the firmware has no idea if it has any connection with IOT devices untill it runs a routing and it fails to detect or connect.
Othrer issues is diesn’t recognize IOT Hue Bulds unless I manually entire the Bulb ID. And also run the Hue software to registar the light. The when runing discover it picks it up from the Hue app.

Also, where.s a clean comprehensive reporting portal via your app, I don’t see squat from your Hub and its reporting which is critical to have a good vs mediocre experience I would say at this point I am very disappointed with the performance. It is in fact highly unreliable regarding running preset scheduled routines and smart apps routines they fail more than they work. They simply don’t execute period. I find myself double checking if the hub actually executed my routines every evening when I am at work or out and about in the weekends to see if it turned the lights on when I asked it to execute in my routines and smart apps . Total hit and miss

You are failing me the HUB code is crap!

As a result I am goign to run Apple Home from my Gen 4 Apple TV Hubs and if it works and is more reliable. Smartthings Hub is getting kicked to the curb and fast!

Unbelievebale you guys thre this on the market and pass it off as a Smart Hub with these horrendous performance and reliability issues.

I am shocked that this Hub got a good review when the purpose of running automated routines is its major failing point. I wouldnt recommend or give this product the time of day to a friend simply becasue it cannot keeep the time of day apparently.

FYI I have over 11 differnet IOT devices attached to my network and this product is a Huge disappointment.

All I am assking your Hub to do is 2 Simple commands, turn on house lights, turn off house lights at X given time and it cannot do this consistently.

Next batter up!

@rgc, see if this thread has the same / similar symptoms you are experiencing. If so, please call and add yourself to the two tickets that are open on this. Many of us have been down since early December.

Also - you mentioned not being able to see the log/reporting. Have you logged into the IDE? You can see what the Hub is reporting there. Apologies if you are already familiar with it. Just trying to help. -T