Any update on getting smartthings operational so a new hub can be added? (June 2019)

I have a new smartthings hub that I got around a week ago. I was not able to set it up due to the network issue currently going on in north America. It is the v3 model. Does anyone know an ETA on when this issue will be fixed, or a work around. I got the hub to be integrated as a security system but I can get past the initial setup. Samsung’s customer support just said I have to “sit and wait”. I’m trying to see if if I just need to return this one and get the v2 instead. Thanks in advance.

Tagging @Brad_ST

1 Like

Do you have a support ticket #?

There is a workaround via an older APK.

1 Like

No I called in to phone support and the tech had me go step by step through the reboot process, he did put me on hold and came back and said he talked to a colleague who confirmed it’s not just my hub, it’s a known issue. At that point that is when he said it’s an issue where I have to just sit and wait on a resolution. I’ll check my email to see if they sent anything in regards to the conversation

If you are hitting the error identified on the status page, support can provide you a link to a previous version of the Android app. You can reach out to them and let them know which version of Android you have so they can provide a link to the appropriate version of the SmartThings apk.

1 Like

Ok.the error I am having is the hub continues to blink red and green. It gets stuck at 48 percent which is right after you select wifi or ethernet and it begins to try to connect. He had me check which version of smartthings I am using and said that I have to use the new app. The one that has the icon with the 6 rings. But I will try and contact them again to see if they can walk me through using the older app.

That is a different issue then. For the issue mentioned on the status page you would receive an error of “Hub not found” after entering the serial number or scanning the code.

1 Like

Ok yes, it’s a different issue…its like the hub wont communicate… but the weird thing is if I open the 6 ring smartthings app, the turn on the hub, it pops up and asks me if I want to install it,but then the cycle starts back over. It will cycle green and red. The app will tell me I need to reset the hub. And if i let the green and red keep blinking for an extended time it will just go solid blue. Also, thanks again for taking time out to review my issue

Are you getting a message of “Hub not reset”? I didn’t realize but apparently that can be a way this manifests. I ran a query and don’t think you’re hitting this issue but you can DM me your hub’s serial number and I can double check.

1 Like

Yes that is the error I’m getting even after I reset it multiple times.

I’m having 2 issues. One…got a new Hub 2018 and it won’t register. Went through the process numerous times, including typing in the serial number. Just says “registration failed.” And the 2nd issue is with Alexa. Trying to enable/link it in the Alexa app. Says it’s enabled BUT there is no way to link the Hub. There is no tab to type in your password to link it up. VERY frustrating…

Have you contacted ST support at https://support.smartthings.com ? The best method is to call.

Yes im called and emailed, the final consensus is still I have to wait for a solution

Here is my last chat log

Just following up. Here is the update. In replies all text above this line is added to the ticket ##

Nagalakshmi Pi (SmartThings)

Jun 21, 10:05 AM MST

Hi Eric,

Thanks for providing us with the screenshots of the hub.

We’re so sorry for the trouble with your SmartThings Hub! This is a known issue and we are investigating a fix to resolve this so you can get up and running as soon as possible.

The SmartThings V3 Hub is operating with the problem. It is under repair and this problem only persists for a few days, as shortly as the problem is resolved we will update you.

Thank you for your patience and time! You can also keep an eye out on status.smartthings.com for updates.

Regards,
Lakshmi
Samsung SmartThings Support

Eric Haynes

Jun 21, 9:34 AM MST

Here are the pictures
Screenshot_20190620-210135_SmartThings.jpg

Nagalakshmi Pi (SmartThings)

Jun 21, 7:50 AM MST

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting Samsung SmartThings Support.

This can be resolved. Kindly provide us with the screenshots of error that you getting while setting up the hub and the model number of the Hub so that we’ll work accordingly.

Awaiting for your response, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Lakshmi
Samsung SmartThings Support

Eric Haynes

Jun 20, 7:16 PM MST

Hello my name is Eric haynes, I was directed to you from the smartthings community forum to inquire about an issue I was having with setting my hub up. My serial number that I have the issues listed on the status page. He said that I should be able to get an app version that would be compatible with my version of android as a work around. I currently continue to get the hub needs to be reset loop. The green and red lights continue to blink, and my progress bar will not go past 48%. I appreciate your help in resolving the matter. I just got the hub less than 2 weeks ago and I have not been able to get through the setup process to date. Serial number is xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Love SmartThings? Please leave us a review on the Google Play Store or the iOS App Store
Not happy? Reply to this email so we can help.

[L7VW7L-R8M2]

OK…contacted support for both, Samsung and Alexa. With the Hub 2018, it is registered when it is connected. They don’t “register” it like an appliance. As far as Alexa, to get to the linking up of ST, you need to tap “disable” first, then enable it. That will bring you to the PW page to link it up to the Hub. It will discover all the devices in the Hub. It all worked out. Just wish Samsung would explain that better