Android 2.3.5 - Release Notes

I don’t know the policy that was required of Beta participants for this App release, but it is not uncommon for some companies to require Beta testers to agree to a NDA.

1. During the Beta, certain features (or even security vulnerabilities) may be revealed that are deferred until future versions.

2. A company may wish to hide some of the “sausage making”, so to speak… Whether good or bad development and testing processes.

2 Likes

I know Terry. I was only sharing information between the 2 threads and sharing my opinion of what I saw. Don’t wanna see anyone tossed under the bus so letting it rest now. Can always have an offline convo.

Thanks

1 Like

(Yup, I understand.)

Software is hard; so it is interesting to see the sausage making, actually; especially as a product manager myself. I run a continuous beta, and I know exactly which of our “known bugs” we decide to let through production… And exactly how often production issues aren’t discovered in beta.

So SmartThings’s releases are… educational.

I second that!

Sorting order on iOS looks unchanged so it looks like it’s and android issue.

4 Likes

Add me to the list of people whose battery life took a huge hit with this new release. I reverted back to previous version until that’s sorted out.

I have had to resort to uninstalling this app to just use my phone. Thankfully I don’t need to go into it much these days but there is no excuse for run away battery usage when I am not using presence.

2 Likes

I’ve got 2.3.6 on both my Android phone and tablet and I can’t edit any of my smart apps. Any way to revert back. Play Store only list 2.3.6

This is clearly a huge conspiracy for Samsung to push Galaxy S8. No issues here, no battery darain, no spinning wheels. Everything moves faster with this update. Upgrade your phone or downgrade your software…hmmmm…? :smile:

6 Likes

So are Your graphics all correct? I have icons that seem way too big, as well as text that doesn’t fit. Galaxy S8

Same here - new app is a much bigger battery hog.

I guess it happens when a team of developers with different resolutions work on the same handler. :smile: But really, this is nothing new I am used to not being able to see half of my tiles. Luckily, I am not in the app too often to notice…

Nexus 6P. 7.1.2

Droid Turbo 2 on Android 7.0 does not have a problem…

Does not? It looks like a big problem to me. One app uses as much as your whole system…?!

I have not noticed a difference in battery life from normal, and I moved 80 some odd WebCoRE pistons into 7 new instances today so I was using ST app quite a bit. So no, it doesn’t seem abnormal to me…

1 Like

It is still a big problem, you have not upgraded to S8 loool :smile:

Lol! Only 8 months till upgrade time!

Editing a piston is a problem now, I get a either a spinning wheel, or a fancy new red banner that says “error saving page”.
Oh and what about all the different colours for open/close etc, I have multiple colours for the same thing, from two updates ago, it looks messy and nonsensical, are SmartThings going to fix this, or do they want me to spend time trying to fix it? It’s very ugly now.

Another instance of battery usage skyrocketing with ver 2.3.6. My DH fonts were fine but I can’t live with the horrid battery usage. This is on a Verizon Galaxy S5 running stock Marshmallow. I reinstalled Ver 2.3.1 since I didn’t have any major issues with this version that I couldn’t live with. Maybe 2.3.7 will be better.

For those users asking to revert to old versions, if you install a file explorer app, such as “ES file explorer”, it will give you the ability to backup your current apps. I backup all my apps since you never know when a major issue will happen.
I have had to revert many times with many apps.

They are several apps that do this and I am in no way recommending “ES file explorer” it just happens to be the one I use and like.

1 Like

2.3.6 also sucks the battery dry. Fonts render wrong, etc.

Just do yourself a favor, remove the app. Install it when you need to make a change and then remove it.

This is part for the course.

Also, make sure you update your review on Google play.

“Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 Like