Android 2.3.5 - Release Notes

I there anyone with the same problem as me, I see people not being able to get to the list of smart apps but not a single smart app

I have tried going back to 2.3.1, Using my GF’s phone and my tablet, they all do same

Back to running 2.3.1 and can get to all my apps but, CoRE (I am not using WebCore yet) is acting odd. When I select it, it opens up a current Piston. It’s not giving me the ability to add another instance. I don’t need to add another instance so have not explored any further but there does seem to be something going on with the server side of smart apps.

I’m seeing the same thing with CoRE as well

1 Like

Might be an idea if people list their phones, software etc. to see if there is a common factor.
Phone:Galaxy S6.
Version:Andriod 7.
Issues:None.
Battery optimisation:Off.
I’m not seeing any issues with app functionality or excessive battery drain.
Working as it was before latest app version update.

1 Like

Phone: LG G6
Version: Android 7.0
Issues: Battery drain. Full battery used to give me almost a day and a half but with new ST update I can’t even get a few hours and battery stats list ST app as biggest battery user at like 35%.

Reverted back to 2.3.1 for now.

Just to confirm that when I updated again to 2.3.6, it stopped the problem with battery being drained.

Samsung S6, Android 6.0.1

How do mean “updated again”?

My wife’s S6 battery is being drained by ST. I’ve cleared cache and re-logged in, but no change. Her mobile presence has also stopped working. I’ll try to delete and create the presence again tonight.

My S8+ has been fine.

Hey everyone, just wanted to provide an update on 3 immediate issues we are tracking:

• Battery Drain issue: we found a root cause issue have a fix and are testing for other causes. We will hotfix today to address in 2.3.7.
  • Large icons in hero tiles: We will fix this with our Android hotfix of 2.3.7 today.
  • Missing SmartApps data/screen: This will be fixed on the cloud side and is in testing now in our staging environments. We expect to deploy a hotfix today.
10 Likes

Will the enum issue be addressed as well…In all of my week/month enums the output is now in alphbetical order instead of the order within the code…so instead of Sunday, Monday, Tuesday… I have Friday, Monday, Saturday, etc. I spoke to @slagle about this and if it can not be changed could we look into giving the option to turn off the sorting?

2 Likes

We are looking to see if we can include that fix as well. It’s a balance between fixing the top issue (battery drain) with the other ones as well. We are still digging deeper into the battery issue and in the process we’re addressing some memory crashes for users, small other crashes and the issues reported here. I will keep this thread updated as it’s get latter into the day.

3 Likes

Thermostat tile is broken. It’s missing some of the information. If you do a change the info pops up, but if you then go back and in to the device again it’s gone. Any fix for this? Same issue on different thermostat dth, no issue before 2.3.5

Is there a way to make push notifications ‘roll up’ into one notification? It’s mildly annoying that each notification is handled separately.

3 Likes

I see the updated fixed my enum issue…thank you!

2 Likes

2.3.7 is out! If you’re still having battery drain or device tile scaling issues, please contact support.

Thank you for fixing the enum problem so quickly.

Automatically sorting isn’t a bad idea, but it needs to have something like “sort: false” so we can disable it as needed.

3 Likes

Issue still exists when trying to add another instance of CoRE. It just brings up an existing Piston. I’m assuming this is server side, since is also present in 2.3.1 now, and has not been fixed yet. Haven’t had a chance to really see if battery issues still remain.

No change in device tile scaling. Still many devices missing text

Same here.
All my dimmers is like this now. 2.3.7

There seems that inconsistency in the mobile app has gotten worse with 3.3.7. I am seeing a lot of things not updating. Like switches showing off when they are on, motion sensors that are inactive but showing active…These inconsistencies
seem to also confuse some smart apps…

Motion shows active…@ 7:18

But is not…

And hasn’t been active since…7:09

Haven’t got the upgrade yet but i also noticed this this morning mine was saying bedroom light was on and my cable harmony active was on hadnt been on for hours