Android 2.2.2 - Release Notes

Google pushes the update automatically not ST. Luckily, you can tell Google not to auto update by going into Google Play and change the setting not to install updates automatically.

1 Like
  1. Best practice is to always avoid an App upgrade unless you have a way to rollback (I used Titanium Backup for Android).

2. Second best practice is to at least wait until thereā€™s been some shakeout and feedback in the Community!

2 Likes
  1. Install immediately upon release then run to community and inform about new bugs. You know in the very beta way!
2 Likes

Yea too late for my damn phone gonna try to sideload the app from my tablet to my phone so I have the old version backā€¦I stopped the updates on my tablet thankfully.

2 Likes

Well to be honest I had no idea an update was pendingā€¦unfortunately my phone had auto updates onā€¦still sucks however.

Can we can an ETA for the release that will undo the damage caused to smartapps by this release?

1 Like

Apkpur.com has previous versions if anybody needs itā€¦ Possibly at apkmirror.com as well.

3 Likes

I updated my android phone to 2.2.2. Cannot change or create new piston after that.
My other android phone still has 2.2.1. I can modify pistons, but cannot create new ones.

I have the same problem after the update on my lock app. EDIT Just fixed it by moving back to the last version of the app. 2.2.1

@groovin28 Where got you back the last version (2.2.1). Would be very interested in moving back. Actually have 2.2.1 on my tablet but updated (how dump) my phone.

Seriously? The update breaks CoRE? W.T. F., SmartThings???

Q: Why is it that the only companyā€™s updates that I fear are (1) your updates to the Hub and (2) your updates to the mobile apps?

A: Its a rhetorical question, because we all know why: SmartThings is the only company I know of that consistently releases updates that, like this one, break more than it fixes.

So now instead of having access to the single most useful application, I get meaningless UI changes. Wow!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve rolled back to 2.2.1 and core works fine.

Just search on Google for smartthings 2.2.1 all, until they fix this

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™ve created the usual thread to report our UI issues with Android V2.2.2

Please report all UI issues there.

Regards.

Iā€™m running Android 7.1.1(beta) and am seeing the same issues with CoRE. At least if itā€™s across multiple Apps ST will be motivated to fix it. Hopefully before it causes to many issues.

1 Like

Brilliantā€¦but I canā€™t use it!
I no longer uses Android as this is too much of a security mess! (my network router kept capturing and alerting me of dodgy IP packets with Trojan, Private Data Leaks and other Malicious Code sent to and from China/Russia/US (and other countries) to a recent Android tablet!).

I use Windows 10 Mobile at home and the Smartthings Windows Phone app, which hasnā€™t been updated for a long time! Any update on a Windows 10 (UWP) version ???

It would be excellent if your mobile app software team could create a windows app as a UWP app (Universal Windows Platform) app. This way the same Smartthings UWP app could run on:

• Windows 10 Mobile
  • Windows 10 Desktop PC
  • Windows 10 2in1 tablets and laptop (Surface, HP, Samsung, Dell, etc)
  • Xbox (in your living room?)
  • Hololens (that would be cool technologies and a solid (marketing) demonstrator, even though I canā€™t afford an hololens!)
  • upcoming Windows 10 VR headsets ( a similar experience to Hololens but in VR and far more affordable! starting price $299.00 for a Windows 10 headset).

All this with one single code baseline to maintainā€¦

Event better, Microsoft provide a ā€œbridgeā€ to reuse most of the iOS app code and create a UWP app from it (ie reuse the Objective-C code and compile in UWP app)! Many have done that already (Facebook, Instagram, candy crush (was first), etc)
iOS bridge: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bridges/
Also, with Xamarin you can develop one code base and distribute on all OS (iOS, Android and UWP Windows 10)!

Please Smartthings DO invest in the Windows 10 ecosystem with a UWP app!

I hope you will consider this, as I am sure many of your users would also love to be able to access Smartthings from their Windows devices, be it a PC, tablet, VR headset, Xbox or Mobile!

Tony.

OK. Now this latest release has broken the only SmartApp that makes this platform truly flexible and usable.
Two questions:-

1. Who tested this with all the available SmartApps and somehow managed to miss that it doesnā€™t work anymore with CoRE.
  2. When is this going to be either fixed or rolled back to a usable version. i.e. V2.2.1.

@tslagle13?

2 Likes

CoRE is just one of the apps affected. Even official apps are suffering. @Aaron ā€¦

1 Like

Just an FYI if you havenā€™t noticedā€¦ before coming here and realizing there was an issue I spent about 30 minutes troubleshooting. Opening pistons, rebuilding, etcā€¦ when I finally jumped back in with an iPhone I noticed a good number of my pistons had all of their rules missing. They were essentially blank and had to be rebuilt by hand. Chances are if youā€™re here youā€™ve already opened a number of pistons but if not probably best just to leave them alone for now or grab an iOS device. Not sure if this was a direct result of the update or the update AND a result of me opening and poking at the pistons but wanted to mention it.

Do you mind telling the model and make of your android tablet, so that I can avoid buying from that company in the future?
Thanks.

Is there a way to disable autoupdate on the hub?