ALL Zwave devices dropped, module dead, hub replacement on the way, I'm gonna be sick

This would be a fabulous discussion Topic, especially if SmartThings’s product management joined in.

We love this Community and some of us have been here “forever” and extremely participatory in many ways.

But:

1. Are we a statistically invalid sample? i.e., Do we just happen to completely unrepresentative of the “real average SmartThings customer”? It’s is possible. The “loudest” voices, are not necessarily the greatest quantity or most valued.

2. Are we statistically significant, but weighted lower because we are “power users” and not the precise target market that management has been given as their mission?

3. Are we not heard because, ironically, we don’t contact Support@SmartThings.com as often as non-Community members: Because: (a) Power users tend to persist to find their own solutions, (b) Power users are good at researching (Googling) solutions, and (.c) The Community is an extraordinary resource that frequently responds more quickly, accurately and interactively than Support (with due respect to the excellent Support Team which is great at what they do).

4. Or is the statement that Product changes are based upon “overwhelming customer feedback” simply, ahem, :cow: :poop:?

5. Or, quite reasonably, I’m sure there are lots and lots of “overwhelming” wishlist items from Customers, and the challenge and variables involved in encapsulating and prioritizing them is just locked beyond our visibility? (As a product manager myself, I can assure you that feature requests are always infinite, and popularity is only one rather small variable in the choice of what to implement and how.)

3 Likes