All sensors show downloading when clicked on

HI, I’m using the new app and on all sensor devices when i click on them i just get a message that shows “downloading” in a little grey box that stays for a second or two then goes. The sensor icon doesn’t open to show any of the details etc. I did a quick search but didn’t find anything specific. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?


what type of sensors? brand/model? what device handler are being used? I assume you tried force quitting the app and reopening even though i doubt that would resolve it.

Thanks for the response. They are all ST sensors using the generic handler. Yes, tried force quitting the app and also removing it and reloading.

I have had this many times, close the phone app and reload it.

I’m having this same issue but its all devices, sensors, light switches, bulbs, peanut plugs, etc. I posted about it today.

This started about a week ago. No clue what is going on.

Hey there! @Bossman302, I posted a response on your original thread but wanted to leave this here to help @Roger645 and others as well.

Android Users: Have you already tried clearing the cache for the Smart Things App, Restarting your device and seeing if the symptoms persist?

Settings>Apps>SmartThings>Storage>Clear Cache and Restart your device.
Note: Clearing the Data of your Smart Things App, will require you to re-organize your home screen setup for the Smart Things App and you may have to re-accept permissions.

Does the symptom persist? If the symptom does persist, I would recommend creating a Support ticket so we can look into your concerns further.

You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:
US: 1-866-813-2404

I hope this message finds you well!


Hi. Thanks for the response. I’m on IOS so the cache clear doesn’t apply to me. Still not working so I’ll try and capture some screen shots and raise a ticket.

@Roger645, I resolved my issue by turning off wifi on my phone and using the cellular connection to access Smartthings. Once I did that I was prompted to Update when I selected one of my devices. After what ever was updated everything worked again. I hope that helps with your issue.

Hi Rob. Tried that and it worked! Thanks very much, great to have that back working.

All the best.


Sweet! Glad it worked for you too


@Roger645, here is what I posted in another topic for @Bossman302, if you have something like that in your home network setup:

It is good that both of you have managed to solve the issue by going to mobile data.