Alexa Skill English AU - Devices unresponsive

Still no update. Even followed them up

called up again. they said it was fixed… but it’s not. i have tested it multiple times.
@AndrewD can you see if it’s working for you now?

i’m guessing it won’t

I am seeing same errors:
info Deactivated from client

15:34:23: info postEventToEndpoint: SKILL_DISABLED_EXCEPTION: The user does not have a valid enablement for your skill.

User has disabled skill or removed consent.

15:34:23: debug postEventToEndpoint: Error while trying to post event back to Alexa groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Forbidden

debug Property Change Event level: 15 (source: DEVICE)

edit:
they have escalated it. am told i’ll hear back from the support case manager hopefully.

@Brad_ST i’ve spent probably 3 hours chasing this. It’s getting a bit ridiculous - regardless of which side the error is coming from. the integration has not been setup property for amazon.com.au users.

can you re flag this internally and ask them to follow it up? The amazon team said today they had fixed the issue. But after a bit of push back it was clear it hasn’t been touched. Surely Smartthings has a line to someone at amazon skills team… and can get this sorted faster than I can by being on the phone for hours. Repeating the same issue over.

1 Like

Are you saying you now have the Alexa SmartApp visible in your IDE (previously neither of us did which appeared to be probable number 1), but you getting the above errors still? Or are the errors because there is no SmartApp installed?

I’m not sure why someone at ST can’t just add the SmartApp into our accounts- I’m sure I’ve read of that being done for other SmartApps…

i think there’s a clear domain issue here with .au… but i am indeed getting the exact same errors. No smartapp in my ide still

I actually have a case number now and have been told its been escalated.

With Joel and Paul’s help, we have a developer on our side working with Amazon to resolve this. Sorry for the delay!

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated

Just confirming I’ve tried it again just now and still seeing the same error you are in the live logging:
" 20:01:09: debug postEventToEndpoint: Error while trying to post event back to Alexa groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Forbidden"

Glad to see it looks like it will get some attention now.

I just got told this from Brent at samsung support

Unfortunately, yes sir in order for you to use the server correctly based off your region. You will need to switch over to the AU server. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing you.

If this means manually switch over … (I’ve asked for confirmation of this) it will take me days and days. I’m not kidding. I have such a large setup on smartthings i simply don’t have the time. This is really disappointing.

EDIT: Yep confirmed

Dear Joel,

Unfortunately, we will be unable to assist you with that. Please contact our technical support department for assistance by calling Samsung Accounts: 855-795-0509, option 2. And an agent will be happy to assist you with migrating your account to a AU server.

Hey Brad - so will i have to migrate over to AU server manually to use this skill or can I use it on my existing smartthings setup?

you’re going to have plenty of users in the same boat as me

Thanks

Hi Joel,

I don’t believe that will be necessary. A fix is in the works and I don’t think it will require action on the part of users. From what I understand, the issue relates to a disconnect between a non-AU Samsung account and an AU Alexa account but we should be able to work around that on our end.

3 Likes

Thank you. Ill sleep easy now ! (Seriously )

1 Like

I received word that this should be resolved.

@joelde @pjam73 @AndrewD Can you re-link Alexa and SmartThings and verify? Thanks!

3 Likes

Woot! Thanks @Brad_ST.
I’ve just re-linked and the integration is working well now. :+1:

1 Like

Yes! After re-linking it seems to be fine. Many thanks for your efforts in getting this odd, niche big fixed.

1 Like

Awesome!

Thank you for confirming and for your patience!

Yes thank you ! Really appreciate the update and follow up.

I’ve noticed that when I say “Alexa set the Zen thermostat heat to 18”, she responds with “hmm Zen thermostat is not responding”. But the setpoint has changed on the thermostat, in the ST app and in the Alexa iOS app.

Perhaps it’s taking a few seconds longer than Alexa is expecting? Telling my zigbee lights to change works as expected.

I can’t control ecobee device through Alexa at all. Can’t use ecobee official skill either (not in English AU)

Oh, it seems I’m not the first to see this, and it doesn’t appear to be AU related: