Alert when hub v2 on battery power

(Jim) #1

I used to use the hub offline alert as a power outage monitor - it would be cool if we got a similar notification when the hub is on battery power - and also when there was 10% left.

Anyone have any ideas to accomplish this via smart app?

(Tim Slagle) #2

Not yet. It’s something we want to do though. :smile:

(Jim) #3

Disappointing becauseI known that means there are exactly 1,947 things in front of that enhancement…

The dreaded backlog strikes again!

(Mweston) #4

I accidentally unplugged my hub last night at about 9 or 10 pm and didn’t know it. Eventually the batteries died on it at 1:30 am… Didn’t last very long and burned through the batteries because I didn’t know it wasn’t plugged in. Alert when on battery power is very much needed.

(Steve) #5

Exact same thing happened to me as mweston. This definitely gets my vote.

(Robbie Wright) #6

Any more progress on this? Or at least be able to see a status of the battery in the app?

(Robbie Wright) #7

It looks like the “batteryInUse” is available online and does appear to be a true/false for when the hub is on battery power. Any chance of getting that in the main menu, where it has a green indicator? Have it with a yellow indicator and say “Hub is on Battery Power” rather than “Hub is Online”?

(Neil Charlton) #8

Hi. Any update on this? The IDE seems to detect it going onto battery power immediately and it would be most helpful to get a push notification informing me of this straight away.

Regards

(Jim) #9

Has anyone discovered a way to do this yet? Would really love to know when on battery

(Hawtboi1) #10

Would be great if you can also see what the status of the batteries are. I noticed today that the batteries were drained enough that the hub would not stay powered on. Batteries weren’t even used and yet drained. I took them out and did not replace them. I guess I’ll have to depend on the UPS. It sucks that the hub does not support rechargeable batteries.

( I hate Mondays) #11

WebCoRE should be able to execute code when the hub power source changes - provided you have batteries in it. Unfortunately, the battery voltage level is always 65535 which is really 0xFFFF or -1 meaning it is not in use or populated with real data…

(J.R.) #12

If this is the “Hub power source” virtual device it’s not working properly. I created a simple piston to monitor if it changed either direction and nothing happened when I pulled the mains power. Also even though it is on mains power the results after throwing it in a variable and testing is that it is on battery which is not the case. However! On the main dashboard when I pulled the power…underneath the “Hub” icon it showed that it was on battery with a red icon…so that works.

(J.R.) #13

Just got the newest SmartApp update today and this started working!

Can you share the piston you used for this, thanks!

(J.R.) #15

However it is reporting incorrectly again…

Thanks, hopefully the updates tomorrow will help fix it

(J.R.) #17

So it’s back to working again…

(Allan) #18

I’m going to be doing the “Konnected Security” project in a week or two and detecting a power outage is something I want to be able to do. Personally for me I plan on adding a RIB relay to the outlet box feeding both my alarm panel and my hub to give me a dry contact and then I’ll pull that dry contact into the system. The alarm panel is on battery backup and hub is plugged into a UPS which lasts a long time (router/modem/hub/HDHomeRun/vonage…last big outage it lasted 1h 45min) but I still want to know if the power has been out for more then 15 minutes. And this is the only reliable way I know how to do that.

One day my hub went offline. I wondered what happened. Apparently, the power cable became loose and the hub has been running on batteries for a while. This kind of notification would be really good to have.

(Daniel Salazar) #20

How can import this app?