Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.50.10

Just checking that I am understanding your post correctly,
You, Henry (joined Jan 2023) are saying that Graham (joined May 2018) has little understanding about how the SmartThings platforms (Groovy and Edge) work, and that your speculation is superior to his.
Did I get that right? I could be wrong.

1 Like

No – I’m sorry if it came off that way, but I was referring to myself.

I was trying to give a clear qualifier that the speculation I’m making is based upon a very limited understanding – on my part. I was trying to support what organgebucket said, albeit while trying to reconcile that I recall there being discussion about a backup / replacement feature in the works previously, but that it was pulled back. So, my speculation is that it is indeed possible within both platforms, yet so different in implementation that it wasn’t feasible to have something in place during the transition.

I see how the way I quoted orangebucket suggests that I was calling his post pure speculation, and I’m sorry for that, as it was absolutely not my intention… just sloppy writing.

2 Likes

It read OK to me and I considered it a supporting post. I had so little to back my comment up with that I decided to stick to a one liner for once. Had I not done so the general thrust of what I said would have been along the same lines as what you said. It just seems plausible that closing the door on the legacy platform has made it a lot easier to open new ones.

2 Likes

The one thing I would add to the discussion is that there was, very briefly, back a few years ago on the groovy platform a hub migration utility that only official support could run. But it was withdrawn after a few months.

At the time, there was also some talk by ST staff that if they offered a user-initiated backup/restore utility it would become possible for users to restore to a prior version that was no longer compatible with the current cloud, leaving the customer with an inoperable hub and no way of fixing it. This was considered unacceptable. :thinking:

2 Likes

Understood, and apologies, I was a bit quick off the mark.
We are all learning here.

3 Likes

I found my answers in another thread. The Station hubs apparently require the cloud for devices that are on separate Station hubs since the hubs do not communicate with each other on the local wifi network, shoot…

And to stay on topic, the current maintenance window is now near the end of it’s second day.

That’s how it was at the time that I wrote that post, but since then, Samsung has announced that they are going to have a new “multi hub“ feature, which will allow the hubs to communicate locally, including multiple station hubs. But I don’t know for sure if that means multi hub routines will be local or not. :man_shrugging:t2:

You will have to use a feature in the smart things app to set up a multi hub net work, so until you’ve done that, the old architecture applies.

Tagging @Automated_House in case he knows.

4 Likes

Does everyone’s hub show as offline?

if it has been offline for an extended period of time, you may want to consider power cycling it. check the color of the led light on the front of the hub first. if still offline, contact ST support.

Thank you. is going on 2 days. I have power cycled a number of times and nothing. Now blinking red/green Thank you for the reply!

color of the led light on hub? report your issue to ST support.

which hub? if v2, did you remove the batteries?

Aeotec purchased in 2022

Now slowly blinking blue

Blinking Blue indicates:

There is no Ethernet or WiFi connection. This can happen if you allow Smart Home Hub to timeout its setup process.

Simply unplug your hub, and then re-plug your hub. If using WiFi, try connecting it to Ethernet.

→ try the last item :slight_smile: if using wifi, switch to ethernet or if using ethernet switch to wifi.

1 Like

Last time our Hubs updated (to 49.9), I did not see the new Firmware Version in the Hub/Information Card, until after I manually rebooted the Hub.

To anyone with the new 50.10… did you have to reboot the Hub to see the new version ?

I have received all updates without manual reboot.
My V2 gets updates near the end of the update window.

2 Likes

@Katcher29 Just to follow up - you should contact ST support. The combination red/green blinking to blinking blue sounds suspicious - almost like the hub was reset (a guess on my part) but Support can help determine your issue.

Thank you. The hub is now green, but all zwave devices are “offline”

Try preforming a Z Wave repair from my.SmartThings.com

No luck on the repair. It is not isolated to 1 brand. All my zwave items are impacted