Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.41.08

@halt00 @John_M2 @gremlin307 Thanks for the issue reports on SmartLighting; we’ve been digging into the issue and believe we have found a probable root cause where execution of smart-lighting based local automations may be delayed until the next device event is generated locally rather than executing at a time event as they should. We believe setups with fewer devices or without some device generating frequent events will be more significantly impacted by the issue.

Going into this next week, we will be confirming this root cause, developing and testing a fix and will make a decision about either a targeted or broadly distributed hotfix and may reach out to some of you to potentially receive an early version to confirm the fix in a greater variety of setups.

As noted by others, moving the automation to a locally executing non-SmartLighting automation is a workaround as these use a different version of the local execution engine.

5 Likes

Are you thinking in terms of the firmware update being involved?

I’m just wondering if there are implications for beta testing. My beta hub is super low usage but I have very little legacy stuff left. I can well imagine that this sort of thing increasingly wouldn’t be picked up.

I just wanted wanted to add that I am having similar difficulties starting Feb 1, 2022 (hub v2).
Smart Lighting automations with a sunset/sunrise trigger are not working.
Reboot hub and delete iOS app did not solve the problem.
Also, when manually turning on a device in the iOS app, “all” the devices which are connected to the same automation turn on as well.

Thanks for the help! Using routines worked so I replaced all existing automation.
Z-Wave was enabled and functional. I still get the error “Couldn’t add device - Your hub doesn’t support this device” when I try to add the Leviton Z-Wave plug. However, I tried the Generic Z-Wave Device option when adding the device back in and that worked! I am still not sure why this one device disappeared after the Jan 31 update and all the other (same) devices remained and were functional. For me though, I am back running.

1 Like

I wonder if anyone has had problems with VIMAR (single switch zigbee) devices or other devices. I have been unable to make a stable connection for 2 weeks, everyone disconnects randomly, and even when they struggle from the App they are online, they often do not work as an App, and therefore also all the automations. I am trying many things with the help of even very kind users here in the forum, but I still have not found a solution. I therefore ask if others may have this problem.

Those are Vimar devices, right?

1 Like

Yes sorry i have correct

1 Like

As of Feb. 9th, they are in stock at Amazon and Smartmatters.co

https://www.amazon.com/Aeotec-SmartThings-Gateway-Compatible-Assistant/dp/B08TWDNQ5Q/ref=sr_1_2?crid=H7TPA8SYQN2U&keywords=smartthings+hub&qid=1644411586&sprefix=Smartthings%2Caps%2C96&sr=8-2

But who knows how long it will remain in stock…

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the issue reports on SmartLighting; we’ve been digging into the issue and believe we have found a probable root cause where execution of smart-lighting based local automations may be delayed until the next device event is generated locally rather than executing at a time event as they should. We believe setups with fewer devices or without some device generating frequent events will be more significantly impacted by the issue.

I can confirm the “next event” part. During the day, my “light rooms when overcast” work just fine still, and those are triggered off of a Multisensor 6’s light sensor. At night when that reads 0, I either need to tell Echo to change a light’s level or color, or the Ring motion sensors will also cause the backlog of routines to execute.

I am using a STH-ETH-200 with a Philips Hue bridge for lighting.

Thanks,
-Steve

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.