Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Hotfix Notes - 0.45.11

Do you have any repeating Zigbee devices? The stove might. But the others do not. A strong Zigbee mesh is best when there is a repeating device for every 4-6 non repeating devices.

I don’t have any repeating devices. If it’s possibly signal strength, maybe it would make sense for me to move the hub though that would require figuring how to switch it to WiFi from Ethernet.

There is nothing wrong with your system/setup, I bet you everything was working fine until 2 months ago. Same here, my ST was working very well for almost 4 years, until about 2 months ago. They “updated” the hub firmware to support Thread/Matter (which right now btw it’s just vaporware) and by doing that they broke Zigbee functionality. Every other day I see tweets from Smartthings bragging about how great Matter is and how they are one of the first companies to support it. Clap clap.
2 months are years in IT, you cannot keep a platform basically useless or with limited functionally this long. Big mess. At this point I don’t think they know what they are doing.

1 Like

If you only have 5 Zigbee devices, you probably don’t need any repeaters, unless your devices are too far away from the hub. The hub itself can parent several dozen battery powered devices. It’s not necessarily the best way to set up a network, but it should work again, if everything is close enough together, physically.

FAQ: 32 Zigbee direct connection device limit?

That timeframe sounds about right. I mean I periodically had issues before that where I would have to reboot devices (which I chalked up to being normal) but now it’s constant. Devices stay online for 45min to an hour and then go offline.

The release notes for firmware 45.9 mention that they “upgraded the ZigBee stack” for the V3 & Aeotec hubs.

Then 45.11 had ZigBee fixes.

While not everyone is including that info, it seems that most of the ZigBee issues are with the newer hubs.

1 Like

I had disconnections with zigbee channel 18, now I am using channel 20 and no disconnections.

I agreed - it was the first Thread/Matter firmware (the one before 45.11) and related service updates. Total mess.

My system is composed of 54 or so GE Zigbee in-wall dimmers and a few switches - all Zigbee repeaters.

2 Likes

Please add ticket # 1427874. Highly impacted - entire - once stable system - is completely down. 60 devices.

My V3 ST Hub is running firmware 000.045.00011.
Is this the same firmware that everyone is referring to as 45.11?
Thanks

yes, they’re the same

1 Like

It happened again, 3rd time since I got 45.11.
first two times were a week apart, the third time was after a further 3 weeks.
This time most devices went offline apart from temperature sensors.
After a reboot not all devices came back.
Currently my kitchen multi gang zemismart switch is unresponsive.
I had none of these issues until 45.11 arrived (Aeotec hub v3).

It would be really useful if Samsung could post an update on investigations here or any tips to diagnose or work around the issue.

Hub instability just coming up to Christmas is really bad timing.

Update: I had to power cycle the circuit to get the zemismart switch back, pushing the touch sensitive panel didn’t even turn the lights on or off.

OK, I may be mis-understanding but, if a switch (smart or otherwise) does not operated as a switch, surely that is an issue with the swtich?

2 Likes

I know what you mean.
However this has happened twice, both times when the switch has gone “offline” with other devices.
The switch is a touch sensitive panel which contains electronics and a circuit board which i believe controls a mechanical relay.
Somehow it gets into a state where the touch sensor switch wont throw the relay.
To be clear, it wasn’t just this device i had the issue with, Ikea control outlets were offline and movement sensors too.

@nayelyz
Is this released to all v3 HUB’s?, or only affected hubs, as stated in status update.
Can you or a staff member of this topic elaborate what specific zigbee incident has been resolved?

1 Like

Just adding to this that my v2 hub on 45.11 firmware is broken for Zigbee… my devices are either offline or not communicating to the hub. I’ve removed and re-added both and they work for a few days and then stop.

This happened before moving to Edge drivers and hasn’t improved since.

Particularly annoying that the Hughes Doorbell sensor that notifies my phone when my traditional doorbell is pressed is one of the devices. When I’m in the loft I don’t always hear it.

Would be nice if there was acknowledgment of this issue at the least…

1 Like

Definitely it has NOT been resolved. My Zigbee devices still go offline randomly, ~3-4 times a day. Automations can’t be trusted anymore.
So far mitigating with a Hubitat system running in parallel. This is not a long term solution obviously. I can: a)completely switch to Hubitat, b) replace all my Zigbee sensors and plugs with Z-wave ones, or c) wait for Thread/Matter to become a reality -assuming they will work and they will sell them in the near future-.

1 Like

I’m hoping there is an option d) SmartThings just fix the bug. I had no issues with Zigbee until a month ago!

1 Like

After 2-3 months of this Zigbee instability and seeing that Thread and Zigbee share the 2.4Ghz band, I’m thinking they are prioritizing Thread and they just don’t know how to fix this Zigbee mess without rolling back their Thread/Matter compatibility.

You may be right. I have a v2 hub which did NOT get Thread capability and I have had no significant ZigBee problems