Aeotec Siren

Yes, when my smoke goes off, it sounds the siren. This is the configuration that I have set. However, when I test the detector (press test) it does not create an event - no event shows in the history, nor does the siren sound. If i use the notify automation - pressing test on the detector does show the device is in ‘test’ and does perform the action (send text message)- but notify automation does not have sound siren - it only can send text.
Thus, the Smart home monitor does the actions I desire, but seems to not ack the testing capability of the detector (which is kinda critical to make sure that the automation actually works…)
thanks,
Jeffrey

Ok i see.

Unfortunately pushing the test button on the smoke detector just doesn’t trigger an SHM alert.

If you look on the smoke detector’s page in the mobile app (tap on the device from your “things” list), you can probably see it go into “test” status when you push the button. Or as you’ve noticed, the “notify me when” smartapp can tell you the same thing.

So your smoke detector is obviously paired correctly with ST. And it seems your siren was able to pair too based on what you’ve said.

But if you really want to test the SHM alert for fire specifically, canned smoke is your only option that I know of.

Thank you for this suggestion. Was not able to pair by closely following instructions as well as reset instructions. After I went a little nutso with the pairing button on the device, it paired.

1 Like