Aeotec Micro Switch (2nd Gen) - not possible to remove?

(Ben Flux) #1

I have a v1 ST hub implode so have to start again from scratch with a v2 (thanks ST, nice cloud backup there!). I’m trying to unpair my Aeotec Micro Switches and they say turn on/off 6 times to unpair and then again to re-pair. No joy.

I’m trying to avoid getting in the wall to press the reset button on the devices as I have 25 around the house - any tips?

thanks in advance

Ben.

(Greg) #2

Here is the support article for the device. It says turn it on/off 10 times. I have one of these and did successfully move it from hubv1 to hubv2 but it’s been so long I don’t remember. Give this a shot before opening up the boxes.

1. Connect the module with your Z-Wave network

In the SmartThings mobile app:

Tap My Home
Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
The app will say Looking for devices…
While the Hub searches, initiate pairing via the module with one of the following methods:
If the module is powered in a 3-wire system, toggle the external switch/button
If the module was not put into an in-wall box, push the internal button on the device once
When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
When finished, tap Save
Tap Ok to confirm

To reset the Aeon Labs Micro device

If the Micro device was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:

Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
Tap the Hub
Tap Z-Wave Utilities
Tap General Device Exclusion
When prompted, initiate removal via the module with one of the following methods:
If the module is powered in a 3-wire system, toggle the external switch/button 10 times in quick succession
If the module was not put into an in-wall box, push the internal button on the device once
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Micro device.

(Ray) #3

It’s going to take quite a few tries to exclude the on/off switch and for the dimmer version. You will need a high load to do it.

(Ben Flux) #4

Fantastic, it worked on the first one. The step i was missing was putting the v2 hub in exclusion mode.

(Greg) #5

Yeah, that is an important step. :smirk: