Aeotec nano switch offline

Hi, I had this Aeotec nano switch connected and working fine for some time. Now it has gone offline and although the switch works fine manually, I am unable to operate it with Smartthings or Alexa.
I have removed it from Smartthings, and powered off the device from the mains, powered it back on and reset it according to the manufacturer instructions. I have restarted the Smartthings hub and the wifi router.
Now when I scan to add it back to Smartthings, it is not discovered. I have reset everything again, and it appears the device is in pairing mode, but I cannot pair it to anything. Manual switch still works fine. I’ve tried secure and normal pairing. The colored LED on the device appears to be reacting correctly and I can turn the light on and off from the light swim or the button on the Aeotec nano but still cannot add it to SmartThings.
Any advice to get this working again, would be appreciated.
thanks,
Lew66.

Hey there! @Lew66,

If you were unable to discover the Z-Wave device using Scan or Adding by (+) > Aeotec > Switch/Dimmers. You may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub.

In the SmartThings app:
From the Home screen, touch the menu (Menu icon), and select Devices
Touch the Hub and select More Options (More Options menu icon)
Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
Press the “Action” button once

You can then attempt to re-pair the device to your hub using the below steps.

In the SmartThings app:
From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
Select Aeotec and touch Switch/dimmer
Touch Start
Choose a Hub for the device
Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
While the Hub searches, press the “Action” button once.

If the symptom persists, I would recommend creating a Support ticket so we can look into your concerns further.

You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I am trying to do a zwave exclusion but the screen just shows a spinning circle and nothing changes. Does this take a long time or is nothing happening?

I removed the device and installed it onto another light switch which was a bit closer to the ST hub and was able to get it paired and working. I then removed it and put it back into its original location and the device still exists on SmartThings but shows as offline. The button on the back turns the light off and on and so does the light switch, but not SmartThings.
Once it was connected and working, shouldn’t it stay connected using the mesh network? It’s only about 3m from another zwave device and about 10m from the ST hub. I moved the hub to within about 5m and it made no difference.

Do you think I should do a “repair zwave network” from within SmartThings?

You are very welcome @Lew66, thank you for providing me with the steps you have tried.

You mentioned you are experiencing a looping circle when trying to perform the exclusion. You can try clearing the cache of the ST App. Settings>Apps>ST App>Storage>Clear Cache and re-trying the exclusion.

I would try excluding the device from the Hub’s Utilities in the IDE Tool and If the symptom persist I would then perform a z-wave network repair and reboot your hub once completed. You can access the IDE Tool using your login credentials here at this link: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/.

You will then want to select your Location, Your Hub, and select Utilities and try to exclude and repair from here.

If there’s still no changes, please submit a support ticket with any relevant logs.

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell