Aeotec Hub Doesn't Connect Matter Devices (Feb 2024)

Hello,
I have Aeotec Hub with smartthings app. First I failed to add Meross MiniPlug MSS315 with matter. I have error 39-100. I have to install Meross app and then link account to SmartThings to make it work.
Today I want to add Nuki Lock 4-gen. I activate matter with Nuki App. I get info all the time with nuki lock picturevto add new device but I get error when try to add. 39-100 or 05-300.
Is my hub have broken matter support?
Regards.

The first thing I would check is if you have IPv6 support. That is a requirement for any matter device. See the following thread for details:

FAQ: What do I need to add a Matter device to the SmartThings app? Do I need a bridge router device?

1 Like

OK, I think I call my ISP someday I want them to disable ipv6 on my router :slight_smile:

Enable, not disable. But yes, that could be the issue.

2 Likes

Also, I had trouble adding some devices because they want to be on 2.4Ghz only. I had to temporarily disable 5Ghz to get them added.

4 Likes

I don’t understand, are they accidentally connecting to 5Ghz? Is that possible?

I enable ipv6 and still the same error.
I will try to disable 5Ghz now.
Regards.

I disable 5Ghz on mu router and also don’t work. I restart Hub but that don’t help eather.

what is the firmware version of your hub? Your mobile device or tablet is on the same 2.4 ghz network?

Rather, it’s that the matter commissioner, in this case, the phone or tablet with the SmartThings app, has to be on the same network branch as the matter controller (in this case, the smartthings/aeotec hub) for security reasons. And many phones/tablets will automatically choose a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network if one is available. So it’s quite common to have to force the phone onto the 2.4 network instead in order to complete the pairing.

It’s for precisely this reason that the matter standard has chosen Bluetooth for commissioning rather than Wi-Fi. They’re trying to avoid issues where people are on the wrong Wi-Fi network. But it still comes up occasionally as an issue between the commissioner and the controller. :man_shrugging:t2:

(With non-matter Wi-Fi devices, it comes up all the time, because almost all of these devices use only 2.4 because of its longer range while the phones are almost always choosing 5 if it’s available. these days some routers even allow you to disable the five band for 10 minutes just for this purpose. Once the home automation device has been successfully added, your phone can go back to the other band and it won’t be a problem.)

2 Likes

I have only one wifi 2,4 now.

did you try adding the meross miniplug to the meross app after changing your network to 2.4?

My Meross plug works fine when I add it to Meross app and link to SmartThings. I don’t need to change wifi.

Hello,
I have the same issue with the Meross MSS315 module, the pairing fail after selecting the wireless network.
I though Matter devices would connect the same way as Zigbee.

Not quite the same way: the protocols are different and the onboarding process (The way you bring them into your account) is quite different.

For one thing, Matter requires that you have IPv6 support and Zigbee does not.

Have you done the IPv6 test in the community FAQ?

FAQ: What do I need to add a Matter device to the SmartThings app? Do I need a bridge router device?

I completely give up with matter devices on aeotec hub.

Thanks for your reply, the Google IPv6 test say you are not using IPv6 anyway it’s fine :smiley:
I have french ISP SFR with an OPNsense router but can’t get IPv6 to work (with the box given by the provider, it works)
I wasn’t aware that IPv6 is mandatory for Matter devices, so I will try to get it working with OPNsense and will report back.

The thing is I don’t want to link the Matter device with Meross Cloud as I want to keep it local.

1 Like